15x6 offset: +43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x6 offset: +43

I know, that offset is high. Long story short I went to buy 15" wheels today. They were advertised at +37 offset which I was happy with but found out they are actually +43. It's a long drive to return them so I was wondering is there any way to make these work? No tires yet, planning 195/50 (easiest,cheapest) or 195/45 (more expensive,less choice)

I figure I'll need spacers? These are illegal in Australia but I'll wear that for now as these wheels are not the final wheels for the car anyway.

Is +43 workable or should I take them back?

I'm running aspire struts/springs uncut but I would like to lower the car a good 1.5-2inch in the near future (new struts/springs) but I'm worried this might not be possible without tire scrub. I'm willing to roll the guards but if its likely to be a nightmare I'd rather just return them.
    Last edited by Click_It; 05-23-2011, 03:59 AM.
    200,000KM milestone!

If they were advertised as 37s and theyre not just take them back dude, be nice about it and they could cut you a deal. Failing that spacers can be legal here in oz so long as they arent bolt ons and you have enough thread on your studs. IIRC.
    Throw some pics up anyway mate, can never have enough pics on this site;P
    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Ps, I picked up some 14" rims for my aspire swap but they foul on the callipers. Im just gonna shave the callipers ever so slightly and run 5-8mm spacers. Should do the trick.
      60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

I think they will work fine even with a lowered car. Higher positive offset means that the wheels will be more tucked in so you may not even need to roll the fender lips. However, you may need ~5 mm spacers for the rear wheels to push them out and clear the lower spring perch (stock height or lowered, that doesn't make a difference).
        Oscar

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, more promising than I first thought.

Happy to post pics of the wheels but I want to wait until they are on the car, then I'll post before & after pics. They're only meant as a stop gap until I can afford nicer ones but now that I've seen them in the flesh I might stick with them! <watch this space...>

Now to decide on tire size. 195/50 is the obvious choice but 195/45 might be nicer.

ELUSIVE: My plan was to always get 14" wheels too but tire options where I live are rather limited, in 15" however everything is available.
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Originally posted by ELUSIVE View Post
            Throw some pics up anyway mate, can never have enough pics on this site;P
            Done
            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Working...
            X