Winnie gets her new shoes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnie gets her new shoes!

Winnie finally gets her new 195/50-15 shoes!

Wheels are VF Grass 15x6 (+43 offset) running Aspire uncut springs/struts on all corners. On the car they look even better than online photos, I'm really happy. Tire brand/model is Maxxis Surpasa MA-V1 who have a deal with Toyo so these may in fact be a Toyo designed tire but don't quote me on that. Onto the pics...

Side shot (before)

Side shot (after)

Front wheel (before)

Front wheel (after)

Front tire tread

Rear tire tread

Rear clearance from strut housing

No spacers have been used. No rub issues though all I've done is drive it home from the tire shop so far. Will give it a work out tomorrow.

Observations: I expected the car to be heavier to steer, it's not. I expected it to be significantly less responsive (torque) it's only slightly slower. Tire road noise is much quieter than expected. Overall feel is simply amazing! These cars are so good with real tires. Very happy! Next on the list, lowering.
    Last edited by Click_It; 05-24-2011, 10:54 PM.
    200,000KM milestone!

Looks good but it's just crying to be lowered.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Nice wheels mate! She's gonna look freakin sweet once youve dropped her on her t#*s!!
      My plans to go to 15" also, for looks and as you said tyre choice.
      Nice work.
      60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Looks good. Glad they worked out. Now lower it!
        Oscar

Comment

Thanks guys glad you like it I was thinking I'd replace the center decal with a ford one. The whole theme to the car is factory clean (sleeper eventually) but 13" wheels just don't cut it. I think these modernize it in a tasteful way.

Originally posted by ELUSIVE View Post
          Nice wheels mate! She's gonna look freakin sweet once youve dropped her on her t#*s!!
          My plans to go to 15" also, for looks and as you said tyre choice.
          Nice work.
          Yeah the height looks rediculous. The guys at the tire shop asked why the hell is it sitting so high (they've never seen an aspire swapped festy). I actually wanted 195/45-15 coz according to the tire calculators (keeping in mind Australian festys shipped with 165/65-13) it's a closer match but theres much fewer options. I'll GPS the speedo but I'm guessing it's now about +5% out. And 15's look big on these cars too.

Will drop her 2-3" but I have to save up that (student for 12 more weeks)
          Last edited by Click_It; 05-25-2011, 01:34 AM.
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Everytime we put 15's on a festy our speedo was always 5mph off.
            89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
            My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

TOUCH THE SKY WINNIE !!
              i reckon 16's would fit ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
                TOUCH THE SKY WINNIE !!
                i reckon 16's would fit ?
                Yeah, now as I pass trucks I look down at them :p
                Yeah man 16's will fit, you'd just want to watch the width. I reckon with a bit of luck 17's would be possible too if you wanted to be a pioneer.

I GPS'd my speedo today and my guess was spot on. 5% out. It's still pretty close really so im not concerned about it. Everything going good except that my tires are louder than my car when the roads dry
                Last edited by Click_It; 05-26-2011, 04:07 AM.
                200,000KM milestone!

Comment

17s. With low profile for sure. Rolled guards and the insides gutted maybe 18s. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X