Lowered car, Camber issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered car, Camber issue?

I have the Aspire LCAs, Capri XR2 hubs. I have some negative camber. What would be the best way to get rid of it? Camber bolts? any other way to get rid of it?
    Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
    1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
    2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
    2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Welcome to my world Camber bolts is going to be the big one but theres also a little adjustment you can do. Make sure your strut hats aren't backwards and loosen the two bolts on the strut hat and put a prybar between the the strut hat and the body and pry so that the strut hat moves away from the engine and towards the fender, while prying tighten down the strut hat. The adjustment is minimal but it's there, you will be able to see where the bolt grabbed the body before and after.

I can take pictures later if you can't understand what i'm saying.
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

I knew about the strut flip-around, remember who told you that? I don't know how far out of wack my camber is but I do see the camber. I've found a pair for $18 so I think I'm going to buy it. I've heard you can run 4 of them for double the camber.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"

Comment

OR you can leave it alone if they both match or are within 0.3* of eachother... i run Scrappu with -2.4* camber and have no wear issues, BUT i also have the toe set to near 0* to keep tire scrub to a minimum. toe setting is KEY to tire wear.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Aren't you supposed to run the festiva LCA in an aspire swap?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
          -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
            Aren't you supposed to run the festiva LCA in an aspire swap?
            Correct. And you use the Aspire LCA on the Capri swap, which is what the OP is running.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              OR you can leave it alone if they both match or are within 0.3* of eachother... i run Scrappu with -2.4* camber and have no wear issues, BUT i also have the toe set to near 0* to keep tire scrub to a minimum. toe setting is KEY to tire wear.
              Finally, someone who understands this...

Comment

i do it all day... mostly it's a curse. but i love doing alignments (no really, i do!).

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

You would still get some inside wear though if most of the weight is on the inside of the tire, I had this problem with the MR2 and my toe was in spec.
                  Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    i do it all day... mostly it's a curse. but i love doing alignments (no really, i do!).
                    Darn you Festyboy! Mine was just begging to be aligned
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Find your way to my shop on a sat afternoon. I'll hook it up, you'll have to pay, but it will be done right. And bring the shin with.
                      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
                        Darn you Festyboy! Mine was just begging to be aligned
                        yeah i know Charlie!!! every time i thought about it i got pulled somewhere else. but you can still get it closer yourself, just take a 17mm and 12mm open end wrench, loosen the 17mm keep nut and (facing the INSIDE of the wheel) rotate the driver side 1/2 turn and the passenger side 3/4 turn COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. then lock down the keep nuts. this will get you much closer to where it should be.

Comment

Man. I wanna do that swap partially for the negative camber. To each his own.

Comment

Working...
                          X