Kia Rio searches on this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Rio searches on this site

Are tough to fish thru. There are zero festivas zero aspires and SIX Kia rios at my local yard on 9th st. Why does everyone take the heads and intake plenums from them? What's the deal with that, do they crack? Anyway, it seems that the calipers and rotors are the same as an automatic aspire whether the rios are 5 speeds or not. Are the control arms the same as aspire control arms too? Rockauto lists different part numbers but they look suspiciously the same.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Found that the b6t head fits on a kia rio block, still doesn't explain why the inferior kia heads are missing off all these cars LOL. Anyway found a lot of answers to questions i wasn't asking since i dont have those engines at home myself. Bottom line I'm after all kia rio parts that work on the festiva or aspire, not engine related.
    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Some Rio owners don't change their timing belts early enough, and they fail. The 1.5 and 1.6 Rio DOHCs are interference engines so evidently the pistons eat the valves. As a result, good used Rio engines are a bit expensive since they are in demand.

I'd like to know if a BP or B8 would swap into a Rio with a blown engine. Could be a nice way to either have a faster Rio or make some money!

Early Rio ('01 to late '02, but not all '02s) front brakes are the same as auto Aspire brakes: caliper and bracket, rotor and pads.

Rio front brake hose is nearly same as Aspire too.

Rio front struts go on Festivas and Aspires and have an actual "strut bearing" instead of a plastic washer, for a superior, newer strut. I have Rio front struts on Aqua with cut Aspire springs.

Control arms from the early Rios could possibly fit an Aspire, but I doubt it. I'd love to have a busted engine Rio to play with, but I don't have the room. I suspect there are more parts for us to mine from Rios!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

A BP is a 50% direct bolt in to a 2001 rio, about the same as doing it to an aspire you just have to decide to be obd-1 or obd-2, a big wire harness modification either way. Thanks for confirmation on the front end, i just have to save up some cash and wait for a half off day. rio seems to be the best bet for upgrading my front end. ill just have to do the front and wait for a rear beam at a later date

if you hop onto streetkiaz website they actualy use our mazda b series FAQ as their swap bible

if you read about their first 1.5L engine it says its a lightweight rotating assembly, i think it would be ideal for a swap into a 1988 carbed car with a custom carb adapter on top
        Last edited by getnpsi; 06-10-2011, 11:29 AM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

I have a lot of questions on this myself being so I have two wrecked KIA Rio. I'm wondering if the steering rack and such would fit or even the five speed trans ? I'm going to try this sometime soon they look really close . Both of them are 2002 models and one is auto the other is five speed both have power steering . I'm thinking , ( although not sure )that the auto car has a separate trans computer if so I'm looking into what response it needs from the engine ? Yea lots of research !!!
          New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            if you read about their first 1.5L engine it says its a lightweight rotating assembly, i think it would be ideal for a swap into a 1988 carbed car with a custom carb adapter on top
            Hmmm might have to check into that. The poor little carb auto we built could use a little kick in the pants, but I want to stay carbed, and a B6 doesn't seem "unique" enough for the little guy

Edit: Anyone know if it will bolt up to an E trans?
            Last edited by htchbck; 06-10-2011, 07:52 PM.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yes it will its a direct bolt ! Not sure on intake or exhaust ??
              New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                Not sure on intake or exhaust ??
                Thats why God invented homemade carb adapters and flexpipe lol
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                X