my new rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new rims

Okay I picked up my new rims that guy from ebay sold me. I put one on to see how they look, and it turns out im going to need some hubcentric rings for them. The wheels came off from a miata, which is suppose to have the smae bolt pattern as the aspire, but these rims have like a 1/8th to 1/4inch space, didn't really check, im thinking they must have not been a proper fit for the miata. They are centra r22 or something made in germany, and they are not oem on the miata.

So the question is where do I get hubcentric rings for this. And is it going to be a big problem.

Logan

Read Mattswabb's Cardomian site, I think he switched to studs so he didn't have to use hub rings.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Are our cars hub centric or lug centric? If they are lugcentric then the gap is ok. My miata wheels are tight on my hubs.

There are 2 reasons I went with studs. The first is that the wheels were slightly thicker and the bolts weren't quite long enough. The second is that its a pain to line up the wheel, rotor and hub and get the bolt thru.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

You might have to measure the inside bore of your new wheels and go to the Prestigemotors site to get some hubrings.

I'm surprised they didn't come with rings.

Lugcentric or hubcentric?

I'd say hubcentric, definitely, though some might argue.

Logan, if you can't get rings, I'd try taking measurements of the difference and figuring out what width you'd need for a ring. Then get some flat heat-resistant plastic and cutting out thin strips (maybe 5mm wide) and glueing them inside your wheel bore (if there is a wide enough space there). Glue maybe six to eight in there evenly distributed and they should work the same way as a hub ring to establish concentricity.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
          Are our cars hub centric or lug centric? If they are lugcentric then the gap is ok. My miata wheels are tight on my hubs.

There are 2 reasons I went with studs. The first is that the wheels were slightly thicker and the bolts weren't quite long enough. The second is that its a pain to line up the wheel, rotor and hub and get the bolt thru.
          My Miata wheels are the proper centre bore for the Aspire hubs as well.

There should be two countersunk phillips head machine screws that hold the rotor to the hub to make it easier to mount the wheels... Matt, I'm guess yours are missing?

Regardless, studs are a much better option then bolts.
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Working...
          X