Wheel Bearing issues after aspire swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearing issues after aspire swap

So did the aspire swap (brakes, sway bar, wheels tires, and springs[uncut] and struts, all of it front and rear), but now the front passager side wheel bearing is blowing. Tried different brands, did it properly, etc.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the front bearing is blowing?

As a note: I'm using stock festiva axles.

Any help will appreicated. Thanks in advance.
    Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

when you remove the hub from the knuckle and the outer bearing inspect it for gouging and score marks (like that of the bearing spinning on the hub shaft). if you see anything like that and/or the outer bearing can be hand pressed onto the hub, you need to replace the hub itself.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Not scored or gouged. After the first, (Which did score, and was replaced. Having a wheel lock up at 65 is not fun.), we've been cautious with the car.

We've noticed the inner seal is failing and causing the inner bearing to fail (the ones closest to the engine, for claraification). It's almost like the the axle shaft is pulling the hub in-ward, causing the seal to fail. Anyone ever see something like this before? Especially with aspire-spring lifted cars?

Thanks FestYboy for your input, hopefully we can solve this and others will clime in shortly.

Again thanks in advance for any input and help.
      Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

sounds like you have either the improper or no shim in there for the bearings. Where did you get the aspire swap from? Its possible someone junked it with the wrong pre-load spacer because they were sick of changing wheel bearings all the time.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

^ x2
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X