AGX in rear w/220lb spring...no give at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGX in rear w/220lb spring...no give at all

Like the title says...even on the #1 setting there's no give in the suspension...Its killer on my back. With the old aspire struts and same springs it was actually comfortable. Should the mirage strut be THAT much stiffer?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

NO
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Can you compress the strut off the car?
      Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Yea
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

That's what I run on the rear. It's definitely rough on the street. If I push down on the
          rear I can get 1/2 maybe a full inch of compression if I really try. Then again my car is
          95% track only use and that is where this setup really shines. For the record I run the
          struts on setting 4 of 8. If it were primarily a street car I would run a 150# spring at the
          most perhaps even a 125# and turn the struts up a notch if it felt too soft.

Also on a separate note don't mess around with the settings too much these are not
          high end adjustables like bilstein or penskes and as much as kyb likes to say you can
          change back and forth at will the more you mess with them the less precise they
          become. Once you find a setting you like leave them alone. I set mine at a track event
          over two years ago and haven't touched them since.
          Last edited by floydiancomplex; 07-17-2011, 06:24 PM.
          Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
          - Dennis Grant
          FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Arent the stop Festiva springs like 90 in the rear? Why go to a 220? that seems like overkill for the street

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by floydiancomplex View Post
              That's what I run on the rear. It's definitely rough on the street. If I push down on the
              rear I can get 1/2 maybe a full inch of compression if I really try. Then again my car is
              95% track only use and that is where this setup really shines. For the record I run the
              struts on setting 4 of 8. If it were primarily a street car I would run a 150# spring at the
              most perhaps even a 125# and turn the struts up a notch if it felt too soft.

Also on a separate note don't mess around with the settings too much these are not
              high end adjustables like bilstein or penskes and as much as kyb likes to say you can
              change back and forth at will the more you mess with them the less precise they
              become. Once you find a setting you like leave them alone. I set mine at a track event
              over two years ago and haven't touched them since.
              I'm running 8" 150's in the back and it seems to be a perfect balance between performance and comfort! I feared it might be a little oversprung for my KYB shocks, but it seems to work really well to be honest. Not sure how they'd interact with the AGX's though... tough to say, but worth experimenting with I figure!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                I'm running 8" 150's in the back and it seems to be a perfect balance between performance and comfort! I feared it might be a little oversprung for my KYB shocks, but it seems to work really well to be honest. Not sure how they'd interact with the AGX's though... tough to say, but worth experimenting with I figure!
                The Mirage is about 800 pounds heavier than a Festiva so I'd say the stock Mirage spring
                is probably around 150#s give or take. I'm willing to bet the AGX and a 150 spring would
                be about perfect for one another.
                Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
                - Dennis Grant
                FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

you guys are just a bunch of wimps how old are you guys!!!!!

I run 400-300 Ground controls on my DD festiva, and when i raced my festiva i ran 550-450

your back needs some chassis braces rather than your suspension set softer!!!

(ok im done being a dumb 21 year old now)

Comment

Working...
                  X