Charlotte festy guys with aspire swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlotte festy guys with aspire swap

I need to take a measurement on a swapped car. I would use mine but I don't have it home yet and I'm itching to get something started. Anyway here's what I'd like to do... I'd like to bolt on one or two of my new wheels and see if or how much fender flare I need.

Pm me for contact info
    Last edited by philip1; 07-16-2011, 03:23 PM.
    Phil

Where in Charlotte are you?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

University area
      Phil

Comment

^Oh, same here! I'm off work tomorrow but don't know what my plans are as of yet. My festy is aspire swapped....what size are the wheels/tires you're wanting to run?
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

13x7.5 with a +25 offset these came off a friends hill climb car
          Phil

Comment

Man is it tough to find 13" tires! I'm probably going to have to use 14" for street duty.
            Last edited by philip1; 07-17-2011, 10:48 AM. Reason: Punctuation
            Phil

Comment

You are definitely going to have clearance problems with 7.5 in rims. The backset on stock 5.5 in wide Aspire rims is 4 .5 inch. The 5 1/2 wide 13" VW rims I'm currently running have a 4 3/4 backset and the inboard tire wheelweights on the rim have been grooved by the front strut mounts. These are run of the mill 175/70-13s and they sit about 1/2 inch short of flush with the wheel wells. All of the 14 inch rims I've tried have a 5 1/4 to 6 inch backset which interferes with the shocks, never mind the problems with wheelwells.
              I think that 13 inch tires are a darn sight easier to find than 12s, and keep in mind that 14-15s ain't cheap.
              Now if you can get a rim to fit and can reduce the suspension travel to nearly nothing I guess you could bolt on whatever you feel like.

Comment

I am building this car primarily for autocross competition. The 12" wheels would be useless in a race environment. I can get 13" race tires fairly easily. My issue is the class I've chosen requires the use of street tires and they are near impossible to find in a decent width. I may have to abandon Street Touring and go to a prep or modified class. I would rather not class myself right out of competition.

Btw the wheels I have are a 5" backspacing or et20 for those that understand offsets.
                Phil

Comment

Working...
                X