Ugly but good wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly but good wheels

are there any ugly but lightweight decent quality wheels out there? I prefer something extremely basic - painted flat black like the kind you see people have for snow tires during the winter. Are these just basic steel wheels? are they heavy?

I've seen the Koenigs but they are too flashy. What else is out there?

thanks!
    dan

steelies

Ya steelies arn't really that heavy at all, and they are all about the same, I have a set of 14" steelies off from a prizm on my winter festiva, not bad,

just get a set of 13's off from an aspire if your doing the aspire swap, and you will get what you asked for, simple light and cheap.

Comment

I had a link of some guy that was making some steelies in just about every size combo that you could imagine and they are lighter than most alloy wheels are. Let me search around and ill get back to you on this one. Best thing was I think the wheels were like 30 bucks a piece or something along those lines.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

I found this site a while ago and posted it.

The wheels are lugcentric though, so getting them balanced will be a bit of a challenge. The center hole isn't exactly in the center, so rings will do you no good. They also require 45 degree race lug nuts. From doing some research, it turns out they are not safe for extended road use as the nut can untorque itself. They suggest re-tourquing the lugs before every race, so you could probably get away with it as long as you checked them weekly or so.
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

I have a set of rims for my future aspire brake swap. There 15X5.5 38mm offset. they are scion x/a steel wheels. My future sister in law works at Toyota and almost all the scion x/a x/b's come in base model and wheels and options are offered as dealer add ons. At one time they had 4 sets of steel wheels they had to throw away. Mine came off my dads X/A and we took them since he paid for them with his new wheels. If you want 15's call the local scion dealer. they may have some brand new take off for a few bucks cash. 4X100 pattern. I dont know if you have the aspire swap yet.
          93 festiva
          the only car I have ever own with no mods.

Comment

Working...
          X