Tein Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tein Suspension

I'm building my festy to run in regional rallys. I need good adjustable suspension. How much does Tein suspension cost? Who sells them?? Is this my only option???Who else makes adjustable suspension? What other vehicles share the same suspension parts with the Feastiva / Aspire??
    Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

A Tein kit will run you somewhere around $1150 or $1200.

FMS can get them in stock.

They are not made for the Festiva, but imported from Japan from another car. Find a Tein dealer and see what they can do, however FMS will be able to give you the best price.

Height and Dampening adjustable... Yes, this is really your only option, unless you swing for some adjustable struts and slap on some EBay coilover sleeves. You'd probably be better off, and most likely safer, running Teins.

You're really looking at Festiva and Aspire that will be on 100%.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

thanks for the info on the cost.

I really wanna stay away from cheap not so effective stuff here. This is My safety we are talking about here. the last thin I need is to be ripping down a logging road at 100+ kph and hit a hole and have a cheep coil over fall apart on me.

Do you know what application they are for??

I was mainly wondering if say blistine or tokico or one of those companies had an application that would fit our cars.

Rally demands the best and i have some money to burn 8)
      Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

tein

They are for the Demio, which has the same suspension for the most part, they fit the festiva perfectly.
        Chris Rummel

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Comment

Hey, Fred and Simon Friday Tein got there Container from Japan, you both should have you kits sometime next week. Just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks

Comment

I hope so! I'm going to call Roger and see what HIS update is on them.

Simon
              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Really eh? This is interesting...
                * Retired Festiva-er*
                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

TEIN Supercompact

Will this coilover work on the Festiva??

This seems to be the thing to get since the HA's are discontinued.

Nat
                  BP powered 91 Festiva L
                  -FMS springs, GR2 struts, Toyo T1R 195/45/14 on Swift GT alloys
                  -Trunk mounted gel battery
                  -Suzuki Swift GT seats, Grant GT steering wheel, auto-locks
                  -Blaupunkt Melbourne deck with Bluetooth, sealed single 12" sub

Comment

Re: TEIN Supercompact

Originally posted by nattyphysicist
                    http://www.tein.co.jp/scpe.html

Will this coilover work on the Festiva??

This seems to be the thing to get since the HA's are discontinued.

Nat
                    If thats the pic of the set you get then the rear is different than the Festiva.

Comment

Here's the Teins for a Festiva.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Those look nice Brian, are those green for a reason,your car
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

those are pretty...drool
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Let me see...

Teins would be about $1000 new from FMS. Do the springs come with them or are they extra?

For comparison, let's take KYB Super Struts and a set of either Aspire or Festiva FMS sport springs (same price):

Struts: $300 shipped
                            Springs: 200 shipped

Total would be about $500.

However, the Teins permit more adjustments of spring rates, are adjustable for travel, and give more tire/wheel clearance in the rear.

Any other advantages?

Am I looking at everything here?

Is there any way to buy half of a Tein kit? I think regular struts up front and the better clearance in back, along with some tuning of the rear suspension for better balance might make for a nice way to do it.

Might have to find someone who would buy the Tein fronts, though. Would someone be interested, or is there no advantage to just having a Tein front end?

Also, are Tein strut cartridges rebuildable, and how much does that cost?

Karl
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong. But if those are Simon's old Tiens.. they were the last of the Mohicans.. They don't make the adjustables any longer. The only ones available now are non-adjustable still like 900.00 though.. oh and yes they are revalvable..

Comment

Working...
                              X