Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 626 or Capri wheels/tires rub?

Hey guys.....

I'm thinking of upgrading my wheels to either the mid-80's Mazda 626 14" wheels, or the 91-94 Capri 14" wheels. I've researched the size, and it appears that these have the proper bolt size (114.3) and hub measurements (59.6).

What I'm curious about is if anyone has run this size on their Festiva, and if there has been any rubbing with certain tire sizes. If it rubs on the fender, that's OK -- I'll roll the fender. I'm concerned about rubbing the suspension. I guess another concern would be extra stress on the wheel bearings.

If these don't work, I'll try to find the Mazda 323 wheels, and then go to the Metro 13" as a last resort (I'm not interested in doing the Aspire swap!).

Sorry if I'm repeating a question that's been asked before, but I couldn't find any info on these 14" options. Thanks for any replies!

( EDIT ) OK..............did some more searching, and it looks like the Capri wheels might rub on the suspension without spacers or Aspire springs. Would still like to hear some results if anyone cares to offer!
    Last edited by majo8; 08-29-2011, 10:31 PM.

The Capri rims will rub in the rear without spacers....not sure about the 626. I have Metro rims, with good tires I believe and I also have Capri rims I would be interested in selling if you wanted to come pick them up.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Geneva -- what's the diameter of the Metro rims? 4.5" or 5"?

Comment

majo8, I can guarantee the wheel diameter is neither 4.5 or 5", I'll let Geneva explain.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Oops. I meant width!

Comment

I run 185/60/14 XR2 wheels in rear with spacers and FMS springs KYB GR2 no rubbing issues
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
              The Capri rims will rub in the rear without spacers....not sure about the 626. I have Metro rims, with good tires I believe and I also have Capri rims I would be interested in selling if you wanted to come pick them up.
              Geneva -- I'm very interested in your Metro rims. Sent you a pm. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by majo8 View Post
                Geneva -- I'm very interested in your Metro rims. Sent you a pm. Thanks.
                will look for it.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                X