Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plan on using the festy on the paper route this winter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I plan on using the festy on the paper route this winter....

...And will need the help of snow tires.

Since I can only find one tire PERIOD for the 12 inchers, this also neans getting a set of 13 inchers

What's my cheapest option for bolt-on 13 inch wheels that do well? I keep hearing about geo metro wheels but they aren't too plentiful around here, but enlighten me to the year range and I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks y'all
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

I forget the year but I have Saturn rims, 13" that fit great. Sorry about the year.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I believe Metro wheels from the early ones to about 1998 or 2000 should fit. After a certain year Metros went to 4 X 100mm. So doublecheck if in doubt!

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Just take the list from above and hit the local pull it yourself yards. I know I seen at least 2 Mazda's with 13 inch rims that would of worked... now if I could remember which one. Looked exactly like Festiva rims. PNP and Upullit have accurate list on the web.. upickit's doesn't so don't count on it.
        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          I believe Metro wheels from the early ones to about 1998 or 2000 should fit. After a certain year Metros went to 4 X 100mm. So doublecheck if in doubt!

Karl
          Unless it was the late 01's they all should be 4x114.3. I had a set of 01's on my Festiva for a while. The only difference with the later ones is the hub size is bigger.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            I forget the year but I have Saturn rims, 13" that fit great. Sorry about the year.
            Is that with an Aspire swap? Only Saturn four lug pattern I know of that would have been 13s is the first gen SL1s, and they were 4x100.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

After last winter, I went to my tire guys and asked about 12's. They said they couldn't get any snow tires and then said they stock a 12 tire for 4 wheelers. I asked about the speed and hwy use, they said they should do fine. I'll be checking on this the first snow
              (paperboy 23) 88 Festy Blue, aspire Engine/trans/efi swap,

Comment

I thought about doing that just for winter purposes.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

the first year of the metros were 12s except the convertables which were 13s, then the metros switched to 13s but im not sure of the years
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I'll sell you a full set of 13" dodge colt wheels that will fit on your festiva for $100. They are in great shape and are painted gun metal gray. Plus I'll sell you a brand new set of 13" tires, several sets to choose from ( all season ) for $100. That $200 total, no taxes, no shipping. You'll have added ground clearance for those heavy snow falls too.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                      Is that with an Aspire swap? Only Saturn four lug pattern I know of that would have been 13s is the first gen SL1s, and they were 4x100.
                      no swap....now you are gonna make me try and remember what they actually came off of. I know I posted about it....will have to find the thread.....thanks a lot....:p
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      I will sleep when I die!
                      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Willie, if they're on a festy, you probably have Sentra rims, all saturns are 4x100 or a 5 lug.

ATV tires are NOT to be used on any road or highway EVER!!!! totaly unsafe and not rated for the weight you have.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                          Willie, if they're on a festy, you probably have Sentra rims, all saturns are 4x100 or a 5 lug.

ATV tires are NOT to be used on any road or highway EVER!!!! totaly unsafe and not rated for the weight you have.
                          nope....not sentra...I will find it.....sheeeesh....stop razzin me :nono:
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!

Comment

hey, i'm just puttin' it out there

oh, BTW :p
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                              I'll sell you a full set of 13" dodge colt wheels that will fit on your festiva for $100. They are in great shape and are painted gun metal gray. Plus I'll sell you a brand new set of 13" tires, several sets to choose from ( all season ) for $100. That $200 total, no taxes, no shipping. You'll have added ground clearance for those heavy snow falls too.
                              Deal on the wheels, sir!!!!
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                              X