195/70/R14s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 195/70/R14s

What do I need to do with my aspire swapped setup to get a good set of rims and run this size, I've looked and can't tell what I need to do.... I'm going to use the miata forum tire size calculator to figure out how much my speedo will be off....
    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
    Projects in the works:
    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Those tires will be T-A-L-L!

Go to Tirerack.com and look up tire diameters (specs) to compare 165/70-12 with 195/70-14. That'll give you a start to understand how much a difference there will be.

A lot!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm guessing they'll rub like crazy? Luckily I haven't ordered a set yet... I wanted opinions before I bought anything
      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
      Projects in the works:
      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

The largest 14s I'd consider would be:

185/60s (good to get used from Miata owners on alloy rims)
        175/65s
        195/50s

Maybe 195/55s would work, too, but I'd not risk it.

Just my opinion!

Now if you go to adjustable coil overs you might be better off, providing you use stiffer springs. But not too stiff or you'll suffer!

Karl
        Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-13-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

You can stiffen it up and roll your fenders, or get fender flares.
          Like Safety Guy, i'd stay away from 70 series tires.
          I have 195/60/14 tires. I have Aspire struts/springs all around and I still bump my fenders now and then. If you dont mind a little stiffer ride, you can use Kia Rio struts/springs in front, and use the front Aspire springs on the rear Aspire struts. You will have to cut a coil or 2 off the springs to get it to sit at the right height. Not cutting the springs will make it sit like a 4X4! :eeeeeek:

My next set of tires will be 195/50/14 or 195/55/14 to lower the diameter. I like the width of the 195's.
          Last edited by drddan; 09-13-2011, 04:31 PM.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

i got 185/60/14 on my car with fms springs.. fits nice..

Comment

fms springs 185/55/14 Up front

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

more importantly, WHY would you want to run a tire that over 2.0" taller than stock?
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

14's are the biggest I intend to go.... I've got 11 year old 13s on the back and 3 year old 12s on the front... I'm finishing my aspire swap after I meet up with Walth to pickup my suspension parts tomorrow.... so after that I figured I'd get something better than Aspire Steelies.... really all I want are some simple mags... I don't want any gaudy spinners PERIOD!!! I hate those ugly things...
                  Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                  Projects in the works:

Comment

umm sir, i was refering to the tires, not the wheels, i personally have a set of 16"s waiting for tires to be installed, but they'll only be .3" taller than stock. your 195/70/14s are 2+" taller than stock.... see what i mean?

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I suppose I misunderstood you, I've been giving that alot of thought myself as well, I haven't made any final decisions, I just wanted to know for now if the idea would even work..... I'll probably go with something else but I figured I'd at least ask the question....
                      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                      Projects in the works:

Comment

if you have the 14" rims, i would go with 165/60/14 tires, they're fairly easy to get and won't rub or cause your speedo to be off.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.... I'll have to try that out!! Thank you!
                          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                          Projects in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            if you have the 14" rims, i would go with 165/60/14 tires, they're fairly easy to get and won't rub or cause your speedo to be off.
                            Where? I would love to have some of these!

To the OP, 195/70R14 is huge! Thats what I run on my MX6, and its actually a bigger tire than thats supposed to use.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Check tires-easy.com for the 165/60-14s. Here ya go:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

Karl

Comment

Working...
                              X