wheel offset for 15 inch rims,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel offset for 15 inch rims,

I am llooking for a good offset to run 15's, with 195/50/15. any suggestion on width and offset???
    B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
    Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

6" or 6.5" wide with a offset of 35~40 should do it... you may need some spacers or to trim or hammer some stuff but thats what most people run... i run a 6.5 with a 40 offset and i needed to go to coilovers to fit the rears but a spacer would have worked too...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

awesome! thanks

Comment

Im also running 15x6.5 on a 40 offset,coilovers and I had to add a 1/2 inch spacer on the rear.Tire is 195/45/15 though,I dont know how it would be with a 50 series tire.
        06 vw Bora
        09 Nissan Versa
        fastest B6T is back!!!
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

I'm running 15x6 on 43 offset, aspire stock springs/struts and 195/50/15. No spacers though there is rub at the rear if I go over a speed bump or ditch hard. 95% of the time it's just fine though.

I'm looking into upgrading, maybe coilovers.
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

cool! i just picked up another set of rims tonight and i think the should just be under the strut perch, from what i was measuring tonight. amd i do have fms springs, which dont really matter in a situation like this

fyi the are the oz rally rims off a lancer, i have always loved them! also they are 15x6, and i dont know the off set, maybe some where in the 45 range, i am going to pick up some spacers tmrw maybe, 8mm i think all around! and try to get these things fitted before the snow flies!! tick tock!
            Last edited by blitzbuggy; 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Nice one blitz, I know those wheels well as I very nearly bought them myself but the seller got greedy at the last minute and sale fell through.

Sounds like you'll be running near identical spec to me then, here is my strut perch FYI. I should probably take a side shot of them, anyway it's close but mostly fine unless you drive like a lunatic or have track days then you might want to get coilovers or run a spacer perhaps.

200,000KM milestone!

Comment

uh oh looks like i need spacers then
                thanks for the reply fellas!

Comment

here is an update on the rims, the rears rub and i cannot install the rear tires, i added a 5mm space on the hub and it is still rubbing, now the threads on the stud only have a 1/4inch showing, so i have to redo my line of thinking, so here it goes

Either get longer studs from a vw jetta, ( same thread pitch i believe)
                  upgrade to studs in the hub.
                  get aspire rear struts,

i would love to go coil overs but not really, this is my winter driver/ summer econo box.

suggestions??

Comment

im running 15x7's 205/50/15 tires +37 and the front front clears but the back rubs the struts. i have a 1/2" spacer in the rear
                    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Go with studs on the rear. It makes putting wheels and spacers on easier.
                      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

lol funny you say that, after trying that and fighting with it, i ordered studs

but time for an update!!

I am waiting for studs for the whole car, i went with 55mm studs, i do have the fronts on for effect, it clears on the left side, and just slightly rubbs on the right side spring pearch, though i do need an allignment and the struts may be able to be adjusted,for some negative camber which should angle the perches up a bit more. i noticed this because i was putting in my ball joint:p also if i install 5 mm spacers in the front i should be golden, and it will be hella flush! i get the parts friday!!! you should see progress friday night, just in time for snow!

Comment

im using mercedes benz W123 chassis lug bolts. i have no problems lining up my 2 spacers im running on each side.
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

oh K

so another update

i have installed the new wheel studs and spacers (1/2 inch ), still rubbing, so natrally next i start grinding, ground it down it got a little better and took it for a test drive after, now its rubbing on the out side! jeeze, so i got out ye olde fender roller and rolled all the fenders, now the fronts are good and no rubbing! but the rear driver still rubs!!

next on the list is a set of aspire rear struts, all i need is a half inch clearance from the spring perch,

ok

Discuss

Comment

Working...
                            X