Skinny tires for 13's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny tires for 13's

hay guys, i was just wonder what a good skinny tire size is good for 13's, there gonna be snow tires so i want a skinny tire to cut down into the snow, but no rubbing, any sugjestions on tire size (???/?? R13)
    Thanks

Mine are 155/80r13. They look like wheel barrel tires. Do they make them smaller?

sent from my EVO hacked with Vaelpak GB AOSP with Tiamat 3.3.7 Kernel
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

I have 155/80's on mine and hate them. Actually it's more of my commute. I have go over the 670 bridge and the expansion joints are a killer. Going with 175/70's next time at least on the front.
      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Here's a 155/70-13 all season for under $41 each:

It will be around stock ride height and not so tall as the 155/80s, so they're not likely to rub on anything, and should have slightly better handling.

Ah, here is a real snow tire in 165/70-13 for $55.50 each:

Slightly wider, specifically for snow, and still a good size.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Mine are actually 12's. I rechecked. So I have question. Will 13's fit on 12's wheel?

First time owner

Comment

Really?
            Ford Fester

Comment

"Will 13's fit on 12's wheel?"

They'll "fit," but not tight enough to either hold air or, if they do hold any air, to be safe.

First turn and they'd probably come off the rim. Wouldn't be pretty.

Tire fit 101:

Match the wheel diameter to the inside tire diameter!

As in 155/80-13, the "13" is the tire diameter. Here's some info on learning about tire sizing:

This site may be simpler to start with:

Karl
              Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-25-2011, 08:22 PM.
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks. Lol. I didn't think they would.

First time owner

Comment

P155/80R-13 Firestone Winterforce.....studded...:eeeeeek:

Comment

Originally posted by jbuck1975 View Post
                    Mine are 155/80r13. They look like wheel barrel tires. Do they make them smaller?

Some small cars in 70s and 80s came new with 145/80R13. But I never saw any tire store carry them. People just replaced them with 155/80R13.

The only nice thing about 155/80R13 is that they are common and they are cheapest size tire you will find in the USA since all 12 inchers became rare and valuable.....

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                      P155/80R-13 Firestone Winterforce.....studded...:eeeeeek:
                      Ive got a new set of those w/o the studs.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Since you too live in Canada where there is a Canadian Tire store nearby you will find Motomaster AWs (summer tire) and Nordic winters in 155/80-13 in around the $50 range. Skinny tires exert more lbs/square inch to the ground than fat wheels. Guys used to laugh when super-skinny Michelin radial XC4 truck tires (6.0 in X 15) first came out in the mid 70s; until they got passed in the tules or pulled out of a hole by someone that had them.

Comment

By the way, I work at Canadian tire, and they discontinued the Nordic in the 155\80-13 size this year. That's what I used to run in the winter on my Festy and they were really good. If your store still have some,buy them!!! I had to settle on Hankook I*Pike for this winter
                          The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

There are currently (last Wednesday) 6 brand new Nordic 155/80-13s in the clearance rack at CTC Barrhaven. At $32 each (if I recall). When Nordic 12s were discontinued in spring of 2010 I tracked down the computer-inventoried CTC wheels throughout e. Ontario and bought all remaining 12. This time around I have no desire to stockpile tires since I discovered the 14 inch rims and tires off my neighbour's Toyota Echo bolt right on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                              This time around I have no desire to stockpile tires since I discovered the 14 inch rims and tires off my neighbour's Toyota Echo bolt right on.
                              Should this be added to the tire/wheel cross reference list sticky?
                              Last edited by drddan; 10-10-2011, 03:39 PM.
                              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
                              X