lowering question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering question

Okay if im lowering my car about 2 inches, will it through my camber way off, to the point where im going to need some camber bolts or something? Im using those coilovers, and I want to get it as low as possible without effecting the tread wear, or is this a stupid question?

Is your car at stock ride height now? If so and your going to be lowering it by 2 inches then I would strongly suggest the use of camber bolts to help even out your treat wear in the front
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I had to have them on both lowered cars.. without them, you will eat tires..

Comment

If you lower your car 2 inch's you will have an unwanted amount of camber AND you will bottom out. Specially with the stock springs if you lower it 2 inch's your shocks will bottom out. I have ground control coil overs and even with the collars all the way up the car sits to low and bottoms out (and that's with 300 in/lb springs). You only want to lower your car at most an 1 - 1-1/2.

This is how my car sits lower 2-1/2 inch's

Its kind of hard to tell in the second picture but the camber is very negative. You will go through tires in 7000 miles :?
        Ian Carr
        88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
        99' S70 T5M- faster DD
        86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t
          If you lower your car 2 inch's you will have an unwanted amount of camber AND you will bottom out...
          With the added weight of the B6T maybe.. But mine is lowered 2" with FMS springs and KYB gr2 Struts and it doesn't bottom out..

Edit: My BP will but that's because the engine is installed so low.

Comment

I have never bottomed out with my FMS springs KYB Supers, B6 SOHC, and Aspire swap... -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

I guess my car just sucks
              Ian Carr
              88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
              99' S70 T5M- faster DD
              86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Working...
              X