Estrella wheel bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estrella wheel bolts?

I have two Estrellas painted and ready to go now. It looks as though they have the standard 60 degree bolt/nut interface, but I just wanted to check here first.

I'm running my VW alloys with actual VW bolts (ball fit), so I won't use those bolts! (When I had these rims on my original Mutt, I used my Festiva/Aspire bolts with some larger storebought ones plus my wheel locks--all 60 degree type).

What are you all who run Estrellas or other American Racing wheels using for bolts or nuts?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

On the Festy, I converted to studs. When the Estrellas were on the Aspire, I used aftermarket lug bolts from Advance Auto. They sell them individually, stored in the back room; you'll have to order them tho, because they'll only have a couple or three of them.
    Last edited by TominMO; 11-06-2011, 08:36 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have been running the VW bolts on the Jetta rims for some years now.
      This is all bolted to the Aspire Spindles.
      Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        I have been running the VW bolts on the Jetta rims for some years now.
        This is all bolted to the Aspire Spindles.

All very interesting, but how is this relevant to Safety Guy's question?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
          All very interesting, but how is this relevant to Safety Guy's question?
          Well John, because Jetta rims are just like Estrellas, except for the differences. Obviously.

Don't pick on him. He can't help being Canadian. We all know that they want Canada to become the 51st state, so they can claim Britney Spears and the Kardashians for their own too. Not to mention the Jersey Shore crowd.... All they have now is J. Bieber. Oh, and W. Shatner.
          Last edited by TominMO; 11-06-2011, 11:00 PM.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

... and Rush. But i digress. Tom, I would NOT like to see Canada become the 51st unless you could keep Quibec out of it, not a fan of anything French (except the Renault Clio V6)
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              We all know that they want Canada to become the 51st state, so they can claim Britney Spears and the Kardashians for their own too. Not to mention the Jersey Shore crowd...
              Claim them? They can HAVE them! We should PAY them to take them!!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

All in favor. AYE!!!!
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Tom wrote:

"On the Festy, I converted to studs. When the Estrellas were on the Aspire, I used aftermarket lug bolts from Advance Auto."

AutoZone is where I bought my aftermarket lug bolts, probably the same style you have. I'm pretty sure the 60 degree shoulder is what I need. It's the same as the stock Festiva and Aspire lug bolts are. Also the Rio, although the Rio bolts have an integral washer built into them.

Someday I will convert to lug studs and nuts! I'm just lazy and I need to get these two Estrellas with the 175/60 Falkens on the front to see how they do. Then I'll be mounting my snows on the VW rims within a month for winter.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X