Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lux's Suspension finally DONE!

For now, anyway.

I bought another left side caliper "semi-loaded" which already had the sliders installed and greased up.

Ride is a little stiffer--seems not so pronounced as what I remember from the Mutt's Aspire swap. Of course I have a heavier front end with auto and air. There is more noise from my front springs. My guess is that is a result of the rubber hoses I put on the cut spring ends for insulators on the strut perches. It looked like the springs sat a bit unevenly in the perches and may be rubbing metal spring to perch edge. I'll redo everything in a month or so, probably with new front struts and FMS Aspire sport springs.

Other than that, ride is nice and seems stable.

One more thing: my Aspire lug bolts seemed to have only about three turns into the hubs, which really scared me. I pulled the longer aftermarket bolts off Muttstiva and used those on my front wheels.

The rear bolts screwed in really well though. Weird.

I'll eventually be converting to lug studs and regular nuts.

Now it's time to clean out my interior. Dyno run should happen next week, followed by the proper ECU install.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

gee,
    by the time you are done
    your customer will want to rip your head off :shock:

Comment

Working...
    X