civic springs pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civic springs pics

so i bought some civic springs with tophats and the hight adjustment sleeves and threw them on the festy last night. also went to homedepot and put some landscaping trim on it and its not to bad. looking for opinions and suggestions.

And after doing all that work i drove around for 30mins pretty much redlined everywhere and blew my hg i think because it is leaking copious amounts of coolant every time i stop and occasionally my oil light comes on but thats a deferent thread

That actually looks pretty cool. I'd make the bumper the same color as the trim tho. Love the stance!
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

why would you redline the car??? its a stock festiva! 20 year old car, this is no sports car! im hoping no major damage has been done, stop driving it if your leaking coolant,

Comment

It seems that over night you got a little snow. Did that redlining/blown head gasket have anything to do with e-brake slides and reverse donuts? Tell the truth.
        If you drop the coilovers all the way down can you use the HD racing valence as a snowplow?
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It has a b8 swap and 2.5 strait pipe and when I rip around I don't run an air filter. Its also gutted and the fuel is leaned right out so it is pretty quick. I have an aem wideband so I know its good. I built this car to rip around at night and race people do donuts and slide every corner I take! The next snowfall I will be pushing the streets clean. And I have a single stage polyurethane black with gold flakes that I will put on the festy when ever I get some time.

Comment

I have to disagree, that lawn trim looks terrible. Looks much better without it.
            Are you using stock shocks with those springs?
            Oscar

Comment

Pics of the actual strut with the spring on it? Please oh please, I just bought this set of springs.
              Fesdiva is it's new name since she's acting crazy- 92 L

Comment

That trim is a bit beefy, but cheap mods FTW!. Lol. I have seen people use the black magnet strips for the door side moulding. that was a beat-all for me.

Comment

You run a straight 2.5" pooper with no air filter... On a 1.6 liter engine that revs no higher than 8k with mods...

Youre LOSING power with that air tract. And redlining is not optimal for power or acceleration.

The trim would look better with the screws evenly spaced, but doesn't look terrible.
                  Last edited by Christ; 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Umm, He said b8 not b6. I'd definitely agree with the evenly spaced thing tho, along with a paintjob on that bumper.
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

i can guarantee you i make more power with the strait pipe and no air filter. And as soon as i am out of camp i will post the pictures of the struts. i dont recommend putting those springs on if they are 2.5's. mine are just flopping around under there. The stock springs are 4" i believe and on the front there not seated properly at all. I tried to get some kybs but no one ships to canada it seems, so i am on the hunt for some mk3 struts but i might just settle for some aspire monroes. paint will come!

Comment

and 2.5" strait pipe, no air filter redlined for blocks in the snow brings a smile to my face, and most of the people i drive by to.

Comment

Originally posted by snq View Post
                          i can guarantee you i make more power with the strait pipe and no air filter. And as soon as i am out of camp i will post the pictures of the struts. i dont recommend putting those springs on if they are 2.5's. mine are just flopping around under there. The stock springs are 4" i believe and on the front there not seated properly at all. I tried to get some kybs but no one ships to canada it seems, so i am on the hunt for some mk3 struts but i might just settle for some aspire monroes. paint will come!
                          go to rockauto.com (i believe they ship to Canada)

and they have festy KYB GR-2/Excel-G 's for $42.79.

if they dont ship to canada, pm me, and i may be able to hook you up.

Comment

can ya get some picks of the coils on the car an are you using the stock springs or the red ones that came on it.....BTW it looks good i like the air dam idea cheap effective an dont hurt the pocket to bad if you curb or nail a possum
                            Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

I might have found some struts localy, thank you for the offer tho. Sick festy btw! Any ways i am back from the north and took some pics of the springs.

this is the top hat on the fronts. clearly is not the same size or save! feels soooo much better to drive tho.

This is the rear, its better and i am about to take off the top hat and the adjusting bit to lower the rear of the car about an inch.

Comment

Working...
                              X