Rim Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rim Help!

Hello everyone, great site. Looks like I have come to the right place for help with my Festiva. I have an '89 that was just a work beater until a couple of friends and I got the idea at the bar one night early in the 2004 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs to turn the little tank into a tribute to our local hockey team. After an incredible playoff run that year, and tons of media coverage and memories, it's sentimental value has grown considerably.

It's playoff time again, and the little machine has been parked for many months being prepped for painting and relaunch for this year's playoff run. (but this time doing it right)

The paint is almost ready to go on, and soon after all new decals, but I need to find rims/tires for it now. So I'm asking for help/suggestions.

We have approx. 2 weeks to git r done, so I need to find the easiest/quickest/affordable solution to making the rims/tires look better.

Whether it is buying bigger tires to make it easier to find rims, or where to find nicer rims for this size of tire (12"), or using other compatible rims easier to find (are there even any?), etc. And info on what we need to do to make this happen.

Any other suggestions are hugely welcomed as well, but my question in this post is mostly for the rims. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    1989 "Flamestiva" Playoff Machine

Here's a link to other cars that might have a set of wheels you could use. I run 14 inch wheels on my car see my Cardomain page for pictures. There are ALOT of options for wheels.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
      Here's a link to other cars that might have a set of wheels you could use. I run 14 inch wheels on my car see my Cardomain page for pictures. There are ALOT of options for wheels.
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142
      Wow, thanks. So we're talking straight across compatibility? On a stock '89 would we have to change the suspension with slightly bigger tires?

Thanks again.

Comment

There are alot of Festiva's here that have stock suspensions and bigger tires. I lowered my car and have no clearance issues. My wheels are 14x6 with 35mm backspacing. Look at Mattswabb's page to see Miata wheels on a Festiva. Here's a link to his site.
        Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

What kind of rims are on yours HP? What type of car are they supposed to be for?

Comment

TSW wheels, I bought the from another guy on this site. You should be able to order them buy size and bolt pattern though. I bought another set of wheels that are 14X6 with 35mm backspacing and 114.3x4 bolt pattern. Festiva Motorsport does carry some wheels for our cars at a fair price.
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Cool, thanks again. The search continues.

Comment

Thanks again HP for all the help. Managed to locate a set of 5 spoke (haven't seen them yet) brand new 14x6 ready to bolt on for $80/ea cdn..

They're not TSW, but I would imagine look very similar.

I will post some pics once we get them on.

Comment

Glad to help!
                  Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Hey Kev,

I was just looking through the little magazine that the Sun put out to celebrate the Flames last playoff run and saw your car and was about to scan the picture and post it here! You beat me to the punch.

Great job...

I'm sure I'll see you around town in the next few weeks

GO FLAMES GO!!
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca
                      Hey Kev,

I was just looking through the little magazine that the Sun put out to celebrate the Flames last playoff run and saw your car and was about to scan the picture and post it here! You beat me to the punch.

Great job...

I'm sure I'll see you around town in the next few weeks

GO FLAMES GO!!
                      That's great Ian. Make sure to come by and see me if you see the car somewhere. I'd love to meet you. We'll be at the Dome for every game.

Here's a link to the startings of the photo gallery. Just have a few of the shots with the new decals up there now. The new wheels and tires go on tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=142
                        Ford contour wheels were ALL 4x108. In that thread it states 4x100. That thread should not be locked so corrections/additions can be made. Or can a moderator edit it? I think that would be helpful so someone doesn't go out and buy Contour wheels that will not fit.

Comment

I saw some 15" Contour wheels in the 'yard and was considering them, but the 49mm offset turned me off. The wrong bolt pattern wouldn't help either!

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                          X