Aspire Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Brake Pads

Looking to upgrade front pads from stock to aggressive track duty. Do not see any pads for the Aspire, but will the EGT pads work on the Aspire?
    Last edited by trimless; 11-18-2011, 08:29 AM.

Yes for auto aspires. Same as the base protege and the Rio.
    Last edited by gauge_half_inch; 11-19-2011, 11:59 AM.
    Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
    93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
    91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
    93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
    15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
    88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
      Yes for auto aspires. Same as the base protege and the Rio.
      And if we run 15's the GT Calipers will work also? Is this correct gauge_half? (ATX or MTX Calipers?)
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 11-19-2011, 05:07 PM.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

There will be a slight amount of pad overlap, bit it bolt up.
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Part numbers are available in the link in my signature... it says something like EGT Brake Swap I think.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

if you're looking for a performance bad for the aspire, go to Pepboys and see if they can order you some Hawk pads for the EGT... last i saw, they were $16 a set, warehouse clearance.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks guys, Hawk makes some great pad for the EGT for track use so good to know they will fit the Aspire rotor/calipers.

Comment

That includes the XR2/323 calipers as well, correct? I assumed they were the same caliper. This helps me so much as I don't like the feel of the pads that are on my car now. Warehouse clearance, as in buy them now before they are all gone?
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-20-2011, 10:11 AM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^ yes it does. and yes get them while they're hot.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                  X