Festiva coil overs?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva coil overs?!?!?!

I can't find stock coil overs any where and my mom just broke one. Even the parts stores told me I am SOL... :shock: can the aspire coil overs work on the Festy? cause she isn't stealing mine!!!! :wink:

First off... You potsed in the wrong forum... and Second... Your Festiva didn't come with stock coilovers...

Aspire springs will work on the Festiva, but you'll sit VERY high. If you look at my gallery on my web-site, the last 2 show my Festiva on Aspire springs.

Simon
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yes Simon, they are stock coil overs they just aren't adjustable.

Clinton

Comment

It's all semantics. The coil spring is over the outside of the strut. But on all strut type suspensions, that's how it is. The term 'coil over' was started when coil sprung suspensions had the coil and the shock mounted separately. In any case, a strut is technically a coilover. Or, if you want to go the other way, what you're buying as a coilover kit is just an adjustable strut.

The nomenclature of cars. Next you'll ask about kingpin inclination when you don't have kingpins. hehe.

-=Whittey=-

Comment

well sorry for posting in the wrong section simon.. I didn't think it was really a performance mod.. and I didn't think of it as asking for detailed repair help so I stuck it in general. You can delete my post in the general if you wish. so the spring is to tall to use to replace just one side huh? well what about cutting a coil out? what would that do to the spring rate? are aspire springs any harder to find? This is for a poor over loaded paper route festiva :roll: what a waste... but she can't use drop springs lol she would have it teetering from side to side on the burm of the road.... I dunno what to do...

Comment

You don't want to run one Aspire spring, even with a cut coil and the rest Festiva springs.

Roger sells NEW stock height Festiva springs for a decent price.

Simon
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I didn't see them on his site.. do u have a link or a way for me to get in touch with him? thanks simon!

Comment

his phone number is on his site!
                http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

otay thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X