Drilled/Slotted Rotors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilled/Slotted Rotors!

Got these puppies by post today, and was i ever surprised. $60.80, Free shipping. Can't beat it, for drilled and slotted ones.

Advanced Brake Technology is the brand.

They are black Zinc plated.

As you can see from the photo, i haven't got them on yet. I'm pressing bearings onto the other spindle ATM.

What do you think?

I'll keep you updated on braking quality (when i get them on), as well as some pics installed.

Oh, and here's the ebay link, if you're interested in buying.
    Fesdiva is it's new name since she's acting crazy- 92 L

They look really nice...but you forgot the link there sharky
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

whoops....

...now

Comment

and apparently now they're $76.44, but still shipped FREE! bwahhahahahh

Comment

unfortunately, worthless. best off finding a capri and swaping those assemblies in.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yeah, only reason I would ever stick with festiva brakes is if I really wanted to stick with 12" wheels...which... who does?

Sorry to rain on your parade, but festiva brakes will always just be festiva brakes.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

pretty sweet looking to me
              Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Plain, vented, Aspire rotors would be much better. Post-casting drilled rotors are not really an upgrade. They look nice though
                Oscar

Comment

Someone building a top MPG Festiva who wants lightest rotating mass and won't be stressing the brakes too much with heavy loads or trailering, etc. might still want the best brake upgrade possible.

I'm not sure "drilled and slotted" is the way to go though. Just high quality rotors from a high quality manufacturer.

Any ideas for the "BEST" stock Festiva rotor brand? Bendix? Kelsey Hayes? Raybestos PG Plus?

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-27-2011, 06:15 AM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Be cautious of the zinc coating, it tends to glaze the pads. I'd cautiously brake until the zinc coating wears off, then take the pads out and sand them down a bit and re-break in the pads according to the manufacturer suggestion. I sand them down on a belt sander, but it's very dangerous to do this. You can lightly hand sand them on a board or piece of glass with some 320 grit paper. Sand until the surface is uniformly a lighter color.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Upgrade to the Aspire BMC, and buy the highest quality pads you can find, as well as the best brake shoes you can find. AD has a good point with the zinc coating, too. Beware that you don't use the rotors hard in freezing temperatures, as they can crack due to extreme temperature difference.
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i plan on sanding the coating off now that i have them installed, there's too much black down there anyways.

here's a couple pics of install..

before

cv still looking solid

pre caliper

caliper

again, i'm running ceramic pads, on raybestos PG calipers, and the brakes in the back are just as high grade. and my 185/55/14 Estrellas run great with this set up.

Comment

Another reason someone may want to consider sticking with upgraded festy rotors and not swapping is if you're gonna be autocrossing. Doing a brake swap is generally pretty heavily penalized in classing, whereas just going to drilled and slotted isnt quite such a big class shift.

Comment

yeah & with some ebc pads on a b3 should work fine
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

well, the pad scrapped the coating off in the first press of the brake, let's hope the metal isn't as cheap as the coating. lol
                              but so far they're braking good. even coming off a 85mph haul on the I-40, she came to a stop just like any other day, but with less heat coming from that area. all in all, they're doing their job, keeping my brakes cool, so i can drive fast(for a festiva)

Comment

Working...
                              X