black or yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black or yellow

I was wondering what you guys thought. I am starting to fix up my 91 yellow festiva L. I have since painted the red door, tinted the windows, and i want to know what i should do with the stock rims. I am a broke student so nothing over $150. Should i paint them yellow, black, black with a silver edge, or is there a stock aluminum rim from another car that looks decent, or even a set of aluminum festy rims.(i am going to paint the bumpers)

old pic the door is now yellow and the side windows are tinted

doors painted and the windows are tinted. The color doesn't match but i am going to paint the entire car the door color.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

i still think its too funny that I had the door from that car in my basement for over a year. As for your wheels i think the semi gloss black would look the best. In my opinion yellow would look cheesy and too hard to keep clean
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Paint them satin black and look for some 12" chrome trim rings. The rings are hard to find but are out there, watch ebay. And get some new chrome lug nuts too! You could also find a set of factory alloys for under $100 too!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Damn!

I knew I should have snatched the trim rings from that yellow '90LX I found a few months back at Pick N Pull!

They were caked with dried mud and I didn't expend the energy to wipe any of them off to see how nice they were.

Sorry about that!

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'd suggest spraying the rims in Gun-metal Grey to give it a drift style look then add the 12" chrome rings and a set of the chrome lug nuts as recommended above. You'll be cruising in style then. Perhaps spray the front grill with the Gun-metal Grey also :idea: .
          P.S. Don't forget to post some pics of the finished result :wink: .
          1995 Ford Festiva Trio Owner!!!!!
          Upgrades/Mods include Enkei Rims, OBX Racing Shift Knob, 2Fast 2Furious Seat Covers, Sparco Seatbelt Pads, Sparco and Enkei Decals and Spoiler.
          Future Upgrades include CD Player, Pod Filter, Racing Pedals.

Comment

dude u should go to like junk yards nd find these alluminum rims for frestivas. there hard to find but i found 4 of them and i got them bright dipped and polished and they look niiiiccceee. so go to junk yards nd see if u can find those aluminum rims or u might find something else. like my festiva my dad got the CHEAPEST ONE u can get and now i just go to junk yards nd like find all the things the nice festivas had nd installed them onto mine. nd its also good to have extra parts too.

Comment

spray the wheels black and buy those 10.00 trim rings from eBay..

Comment

^^don't forget to buy chrome lugs!^^
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Working...
                X