Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos showing Rio rear axle...

I have several things to share here...

There is a vid of one guy's work on his Rio rear brakes, which also shows a bit of the rear axle setup. Here is the link:

Be sure to check out the follow up to this video...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOz2j-3nYb8IMPORTANT...READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE ATTEMPTING!!!This short...

He has another vid on a novel way to tighten the rear bearings, which are almost exactly like Festiva and Aspire rear bearings:

Ok...I was not happy with my initial rear wheel bearing adjustment. I noticed that the rear drums felt hot after a 250 mile road trip. I did a little researc...

And finally, if you look in the right area with other videos, there is a link to an online download of the 2000 to 2005 Rio shop manuals. I won't link it just in case it may be unsafe, but if anyone finds out, post here and link it if you would.

I talked with another member tonight and he wanted to know if I had a Rio shop manual. I don't. Anyway, I hope this info here might be of help to others. The procedures are similar, if not exactly alike to our cars.

The rear springs look like they won't work on our cars since they're so short looking. The Rio rear axle incorporates a Panhard rod as well. I doubt there is any future in adapting it to our cars.

Aha! I found a rear Rio suspension schematic, which is what Tom wanted:

I guess the rear springs MIGHT be workable on our cars. One end seems to be tighter. I wonder what the overall length is and how it would fit?

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 01-08-2012, 06:55 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Thanks Karl !

Exactly what I needed Karl. Thanks a bunch! I hope that the axle attach points match. It'll be perfect for what I want. Even has the 3rd link! Woot Woot !
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
    X