awesome new tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awesome new tire size

ok, just ordered some tires from Tires-easy on tues, got them today!!!!

set one up against a factory 155R12 tire/rim and they are a C hair larger.

the size you ask?

155/70/13 (i got a winter tire for my justy GL) but they offer 6 styles in this size between $40 and $94.

we now have a REAL solution for those who want to keep the factory sized tire but can't find 12s anymore.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Sweetness!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

nice & great price also!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

I thought OEM were 145-80-12 steelies and 165-70-12 for alloys?
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^ but those are not available any longer and the accepted factory size is the 155/12R

in either case, they're slightly larger than the 165/70/12s and we all know they're a touch too small for the speedo from the factory anyway.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

I guess the OEM tire, like this is can't be had even though it says it's "In Stock"?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...80&diameter=12.

I like the 155-70-13 option, probably be good for MPG too, but the OEM tire is still available, but not cheap!
            Last edited by Pu241; 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM.
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^ i'm sayin', have you tried to GET any? everytime i run into someone looking for 12s i shoot them to tire rack and tires easy. and every time I've tried to order them (in stock, no less) i get an e-mail: "sorry but we don't have enough tires available to fill your order...." i hear the same things from others as well (those whom i sent to those sites).

besides, you can still get aftermarket 13s.... last i looked, aftermarket 12s weren't available in this hemisphere.

Comment

I was guna go to 13" because I couldn't find the tires. But now I can get 155R12's through my work for $32 I also noticed that 3 other places in town now have the order option too. Maybe they are becoming more available?

Comment

I have to say it has been a while since I needed 12" tires, so no I haven't bought any lately, but Tire Rack wouldn't lie would they?
                  Last edited by Pu241; 02-02-2012, 08:06 PM.
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I had some priced around here for $200 a set

EVO deck'd out with Bruce Lee
                    First time owner
                    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
                    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

just thought about something else.... honda VX rims... they're 13, aren't they?....

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                        just thought about something else.... honda VX rims... they're 13, aren't they?....
                        Yessir.
                        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I've heard the small cars like the Chevy Spark and Mitsubishi miev will run 12s. They're coming back.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

i wouldn't bet on it... too much sidewall squirm under load

Comment

Zack wrote:

"I've heard the small cars like the Chevy Spark and Mitsubishi miev will run 12s. They're coming back."

Where did you hear this? I wish...but I also doubt it. I bet the smallest they'll go is 13" or even 14".

On the other hand, some electric low speed vehicles still run 12s. There are a bunch at OSU.

As for the 155/70-13s, that's one size I'm considering for my Honda VXs. Either those or 165/65-13 for an MPG build.

I'm also considering putting my 175/60-13 Falkens on the VXs too.

Dale (Link****) just bought a set of those. He had them on at our little meet. He got the Achilles all seasons.

Here's a link to all the choices in that size:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

Maybe Dale will post his impression of the Achilles 155/70-13s he's been running for the past couple weeks. I'm eager to know how he's liking them.

Finally, according to my math, this size is about 1/4" taller than the OEM sizes, and just one or two millimeters shorter than the 155/80-12s. More or less the same height, as Arty said. FWIW, the 165/65-13s are the same height as well. Here's a link to the choices in that size:

Reifen für PKWs und Transporter extrem günstig. Wir bieten Ihnen Autoreifen äußerst vorteilhaft! Klitzekleine Preise, versandkostenfreie Lieferung schon ab 2 Reifen, günstiger Montageservice für Reifen fast überall in der Schweiz, unkomplizierte Bestellung, flexible Zahlungsabwicklung, sehr große Auswahl

Karl
                              Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-03-2012, 10:19 AM.
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X