suspension help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension help

I know that this has probably been talked about before but couldn't find what I need here, so my question is what is the best suspension I can get handling wise. I'm not worried about ride at all this is a circular track car only.

my current set up stock springs and struts on all four corners BUT the right front has a eBay coil-over... (was told to take if off at the last race i ran last year)

my old suspension was doing ok but now the track officials are turning their heads to coilovers and all the Honda's are running coilovers and now fear that I wont be able compete with the them anymore (this coming season)

Question is can I get a good handling system out of stock springs from some thing else or will I have to convert to coilovers.

The reason i don't really want to go the coilover rout it that only one of the 3 tracks I run at will allow them.. I guess I could have 2 set ups and switch them out from one day to the next lol

Sorry i don't really have much experience with suspension ANY HELP ???

thanks, william

get an00-02 RF rio strut and cut 1.5 coils out. then take your stock RF coil and put it in the LR position (cut to make level) then find an aspire front coil and put it in the RR position (again, cut to fit). you'll want new rear struts in the rear as well.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks man Ill have to give it a try thanks for the info

Play Days: Sunday, March 18th and March 25th hope ill be ready look likes junk yard run in the near future

Comment

Run a minivan spring in the font, i cant believe people would complain about an ebay coilover!

racers are bad.......

Comment

Civic 2 inch lowering springs. You need two sets of rears or cut the fronts.
          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Working...
          X