Honda rims on Aspire hubs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda rims on Aspire hubs...

A question for you guys who run Honda VX, HX, Del Sol or other stock 4 X 100mm pattern Honda rims on your Aspires or swapped Festiva hubs:

How do you mount your Honda wheels? It seems you are doing it "lub centric" and using conical bolts or lug nuts to carefully center the wheels on the hubs. How hard is it to do this and do you ever have to redo it when you get an imbalance at speed?

I'm just wanting to know what to expect when I get my own VX rims ready to run.

I expect lug studs with nuts would be easiest but I'm not sure I'll go that way so soon.

(My VW rims have custom steel center rings I had made so they bolt up easy with stock VW ball seat lug bolts, and I used plastic hubrings when I ran my two Estrellas up front for a few weeks. When I will run any of my Mazda rims I won't have to worry since they'll fit the center hub perfectly just as my Aspire rims do.)

Thanks,

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 03-14-2012, 09:55 AM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Just tighten all the lug nuts evenly by hand, giving the wheel a gentle wiggle by hand to make sure they seat properly. Then snug them with your lug wrench in an x pattern, then let the car down and final torque them. I've done this for years on many different cars and never had to re adjust them.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks Charlie; that's kinda how I figured it was done.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
      X