coil springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil springs

Hey guys, im wanting to replace my struts hopefully before the meet friday and saturday. But i dont want to put the old springs on new struts and i talked to fms.com and i asked if they were gonna be open and they said yes at the end of the month, and they should have lowering springs but i dont want to wait. Anyone know where to get new springs cuz autozone and advanced have no ideas lol.

if you find some let me know
    It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Check out all the threads on Kia Rio front strut replacements. 2001 and 2002 Rio front struts will bolt right in Aspires and Festivas, but for best results you'll need to cut about two coils off the Rio springs. Or use Aspire front springs cut one coil on Rio struts like I have on my Aqua car.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Lol kk

Comment

Ok, but what about the rear cuz the springs are rusting so its bad might go with kia fronts cuz of the ball joint or whatever it is but i need rear springs too.

Comment

use the front springs on the back just cut a bit more off
            It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

I'd get new Monroe Aspire spec rear struts and run a pair of uncut Aspire springs back there. Unless you want a more lowered look, than maybe cut off one coil from the Aspire springs. If you then run a set of larger tires they may rub back there on bumps though.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X