No announcement yet.

Going up! Baja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you have your off road tires, (4wheeler tires ftw!) so why not some nice flashy pavement pounders? Lol, it would just add to the awe factor of your car. Definately wouldn't do spinners tho, that was a joke. I just hope you got a gps cause your speedo isn't going to be worth crap lol..

How close are you getting to your states bumper height law? I think here in Ohio its like 26"?
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-19-2012, 05:02 AM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

The state law I am near is the mud flap law.

This set of laws is confusing, when I enter the forest what am I??

Q: What is a Class I ATV?
      A: Class I ATV, as defined in ORS 801.190 is a motorized, off-highway recreational vehicle 50 inches or less in width with a dry weight of 1,200 pounds or less that travels on three or more low pressure tires, uses handlebars for steering, has a seat designed to be straddled by the operator, Travels on three or more pneumatic tires that are six inches or more in width and has wheels with a rim diameter 14” or less, and is designed for or capable of cross-country travel on or immediately over land, water, sand, snow, ice, marsh, swampland or other natural terrain. Most riders refer to a Class I All-Terrain Vehicle as an ATV or quad.

Q: What is a Class II ATV?
      A: Class II ATV, as defined in ORS 801.193 means any motor vehicle that weighs more than or is wider than a Class I all-terrain vehicle, is not a Class IV all-terrain vehicle; Is designed for or capable of cross-country travel on or immediately over land, water, sand, snow, ice, marsh, swampland or other natural terrain; and is actually being operated off a highway or is being operated on a highway for agricultural purposes under ORS 821.191. Most riders refer to a Class II ATV as a Truck or Jeep (SUV), Dune Buggy, or Sand Rail.

Q: What is a Class III ATV?
      A: Class III ATV, as defined in ORS 801.194 is an off-highway motorcycle that travels on two tires.

Q: What is a Class IV ATV?
      A: Class IV ATV, as defined in ORS 801.194 is any motorized vehicle that travels on four or more pneumatic tires that are six inches or more in width and that are designed for use on wheels with a rim diameter of 14 inches or less; Is designed for or capable of cross-country travel on or immediately over land, water, sand, snow, ice, marsh, swampland or other natural terrain; Has nonstraddle seating; Has a steering wheel for steering controls; Has a dry weight of 1,800 pounds or less; and is 65 inches wide or less at its widest point. Most riders refer to a Class IV All-Terrain Vehicle as a Side x Side.

Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 801.490 defines a snowmobile as a self-propelled vehicle that:
      Is capable of traveling over snow or ice;
      Uses, as its means of propulsion, an endless belt tread or cleats or any combination of tread and cleats or similar means of contact with the surface upon which it is operated;
      Is steered wholly or in part by skis or sled-type runners; and
      Is not registered in Oregon as a vehicle other than a snowmobile.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

I think you're a II.

I. 1200 pounds or less rules you out.

III. you have more than 2 wheels

IV. I guess maybe it its sufficiently lightened you might qualify, though the 65 inches across is cutting it close as well, haven't measured a festiva lately but I bet with the mirrors its more than 65
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Edmunds rates festivas at 1800lbs and aspires at 2000, we really need some more people weighing their cars, I don't know where the 4-500 lb internet lore difference came from.

You almost qualify as 4, depending on your width..like a gator or razor.. lol

And ofc you would be over 1800 lbs if its the stock weight from all the metal you've added, almost trucktiva time ^.^ that glass is heavy! Gut it and rut it, keep the spire for a daily driver!
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

My '88LX with 4 gallons of gas weighed 1878. That was with a full interior and no mods. My roommate's old '95 Aspire 4 door weighed in at 2267 with an almost empty tank and everything stock. I'm sure the 2 doors weigh less though, but comparing a festiva to a 4 door aspire is probably where the 400lb difference number came from, but then again, a 4 door festiva would probably weigh a bit more than a 2 door as well.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Dry weight means with nothing liquid in it..and I have a pile of fairly new rear plastic
              seat belts, seat, tiny battery, AC delete, Muffler delete..It probably is just under.
              Our Racer guys would have a better idea. I took out the console and shelf thing
              to make room for my legs. I took out a bunch of metal brackets for that stuff so that
              it looks better.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Oh I know what dry weight means, I was just trying giving the solid numbers I have, and I happened to have fuel (and a full radiator, trans and oil pan for that matter) when I weighed those two lol.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Re arizona off roading

Hey bro are you still good for off roading in AZ ? Id like to see your rig and maybe you could explain how you been getting more clearance. I got the full camo festiva with the 3 speed auto/ trans cooler / rio struts on front and aspire on rear.Im running all season 13 80 155 now but when i wear them out i figure on snow tires. I know some great trails around globe / miami / young az.
                  Right now I got 7.75 " clearance at the lowest points and over 8" elswere on the underbelly of this car. my e mail is acendor@hotmail.com
                  I think I can go off roading sat april 14 or some following sat.
                  My car is basically stripped on the inside no carpet no rear or pass seating Im even thinking bout taking out the heater core.

Comment

Working...
                  X