No announcement yet.

installed stock cut civic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry guys my internet was acting goofy for a few days but i got some pics and still need to get some more

heres what the springs start out as

heres how much i cut off the rears. sorry but for whatever reason i couldnt find the front coils

and here is how it sits. sorry about pic quality but i used my phone for all of them. and my car is filthy

thanks and ill get some pics of them on the strut as well so you can see how many coils are left on.
    Last edited by bobbyspider; 04-10-2012, 06:59 AM.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Thanks for the pics. It sits awesome. I really love those rare AR wheels, the 3rd time I've ever seen (from my pony, saw a set for sale in the province, and yours). I thought it's the 4 hole version of the AR daisy wheels.
      Godspeed...
      click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
      1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
      93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
      97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
      94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
      95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
      97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
      Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
      97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
      2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

Civic hatch, sedan or waggo? Did you match the front to front and rear to rear? I hope that makes sense.
        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Looking good Bobby!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by junspeed View Post
            Thanks for the pics. It sits awesome. I really love those rare AR wheels, the 3rd time I've ever seen (from my pony, saw a set for sale in the province, and yours). I thought it's the 4 hole version of the AR daisy wheels.
            Yea I never seen them before mine. Sometimes I think of getting rid of them because of the tire situation but then I get a complement like yours and want to keep them. Out in public I get either lovers of them... Except for the classic datsun guys who shun me for painting them

Originally posted by KingFish View Post
            Civic hatch, sedan or waggo? Did you match the front to front and rear to rear? I hope that makes sense.
            They should all be the same, also the same as a del sol. I'll have to take pics from in the fender well to confirm that, but I beleive that I did

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            Looking good Bobby!

Karl
            Thanks karl. Hope to see some of you guys ata future meet
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I know this is a very old thread, but i'm about to do this mod and had afew questions for bobbyspider.

Did you cut 3 or 4 coils off the front springs?

Did you ever find out if they were off a 92 - 95 civic ? I thinking about getting 88 - 91 civic springs, but i guess they might be the same thing.

Comment

yes 92-95 and actuall up to 96 i beleive. i will check and get a pic of the front springs for you or i could make you a set if you want ? i have a extra set of springs i havnt modded yet. did you want to go as low as me? i only have about a finger of fender gap. but it all depends on your desired tire wheel setup as well.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Do the springs fit right up? I compared the diameter of civic springs with my pride's and they're smaller. Did you do mods other than cutting them?

Sent from my Cloudfone Thrill 430d using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                      X