Konig Lightning Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konig Lightning Specs

Can't find any weight info on the 14" size.
    I did find info hinting that they may be sub 11lb wheels, which would(with the low pro tires needed to fit them on a festiva) give me a uhh, better than horrible overall weight. Not great, but acceptable to me.

Anyone have info on them? They look like this.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

I found this:

Says the "Konig Lightning 14-6 4:100/4:114.3" is 13 pounds.

Konig's site indicates this wheel is 6.5" wide, not just 6":

So you need to take that into consideration. You're getting .5" more width, which may improve handling and/or response if you will run 195/45s.

Also found this table of a large number of wheel weights, but my computer could not open the page:

Andy's Auto Sport offers a large variety of Wheels products for any vehicle! We have a huge selection of categories available to help you see all our Wheels products.

According to Amazon, the Lightning in 15 X 7" has a 14 pound shipping weight:

IMO, 13 pounds for a 14 X 6.5" with dual bolt patterns that will fit either Festiva or Aspire would be a good thing to have, providing they're not too expensive. Around $75 each doesn't sound too bad. Compare that with a used Miata '99+ five spoke (14 X 6") at 12.7 pounds, with only one bolt pattern (4 X 100mm). So you're paying more but getting .5" wider wheel at about the same weight. (I've paid from $60 to around $130 for each of my three sets of Miata wheels.)

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Hmm. That does sound good. Don't know why I couldn't find all that when I searched, but thanks for posting.

Right now on discounttire.com they are $306 shipped for a set if you remove valve stems and installation kit with the order.

So $76.50 each for just the wheels. Probably grabbing a set then.

Oh, and DT says they are 14x6 and 38 offset. I know it would be simple logic to believe Konig's site over their's, but I've found with Drags wheels that they don't even list some sizes and varieties that are available on their own site, so I don't really know what to believe. When/If they come in I'll weigh them and measure them.
      Last edited by sketchman; 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Sketch wrote:

"Oh, and DT says they are 14x6 and 38 offset. I know it would be simple logic to believe Konig's site over their's, but I've found with Drags wheels that they don't even list some sizes and varieties that are available on their own site, so I don't really know what to believe. When/If they come in I'll weigh them and measure them."

Interesting. Perhaps this set is of another version that is not currently cataloged? Or just a mistake on one site (who knows which one, until you get the rims that is).

Oh, and I just now see that one of my links was a repeat instead of the Konig site. Anyways, this is the proper link to their site showing the Lightning:

I sent an email to them to ask about the width and weight on that size. I'll post up when and if they respond.

Karl
        Last edited by Safety Guy; 04-29-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

They are special order from DT, but should be here in 10-14 days. Weights and measures when they arrive.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

This mags looks sweet.
            Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
            Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
            (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

Make sure you get the hub centric rings if the rim bore is larger than the stock festys otherwise they may not center and you will get a nasty vibration at high speeds.
              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
                Make sure you get the hub centric rings if the rim bore is larger than the stock festys otherwise they may not center and you will get a nasty vibration at high speeds.
                Last time I bought wheels from DT I declined the installation kit and they still included rings with them, so I should be good.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Good to know!
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Woah. Special order item and I have a tracking number less than 24 hours after I placed the order.:eeeeeek:

Score one more for Discount Tire. Probably a bit to do with them being Konigs too, but still awesomeness.

Originally posted by ernst View Post
                    This mags looks sweet.
                    I agree.
                    Last edited by sketchman; 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

If you don't have/use the hubcentric rings, you can generally ensure the wheels are centered by torquing the lug bolts in 3-4 stages AROUND the wheel, then doing the cross pattern to final tightening.

Used to do that at Sears when people brought in wheels that were old or had been taken from other cars.

Comment

Konig responded to my email.

They said the Lightning was six inches wide and weighed 11.8 pounds.

The horse's mouth hath spoken!

Karl

Comment

^Sweeeeetness.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I got my little baby 13x5.5" Konigs from DT and they worked great. I got them in less than 1 day (discount tire direct is in Scottsdale, about 20 minutes away from me, lol) Can't wait to see pictures of your new wheels on the car!

Here are mine.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Wheels on my steps when I woke up this afternoon. Will be ordering 165/60s soon too. I'll have more in wheels/tires than the car is worth, and I'm OK with that.

I haven't tried to start my new Festiva yet. It's been sitting since 99, but these are some great motivation to get cracking, after the 323 is back to normal.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X