Miata Lowering Springs on an Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

That's for the fronts, I am messing with the rear suspension.. and I don't want to drill any holes or mod the rear (of the car) if I don't have to, incase I want to revert back to stock or something, even after all this trouble, I might end up needing to get lower rate (honda?) springs if these are too stiff.
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I've never used top hats on the rear... just put the rubber around the top of the spring and that was it. didn't even know they had them?
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          I've never used top hats on the rear... just put the rubber around the top of the spring and that was it. didn't even know they had them?
          I laughed when I read this, cuz it seemed "dumb" at first. Then I realized that my car, completely OEM spec, did not have top hats on the rear... just the rubber bushing that caps the spring, and it rode against the strut tower.

Mibad.

Comment

Maybe they're bottom hats?? I dunno lol, but I got 4 springs and 4 hats, you can see the one in the fourth pic, then another flipped upside down on top of that in the next pic.
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-08-2012, 02:42 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

wait wait... those came with the springs? if so throw them away!

Facebook Me!

Comment

huh what? why?.. They're made of 10 gauge, should be plenty sturdy enough..?

I already got one side done, ran out of wire yesterday, so by the time I got more today I don't have time to finish the other side, gotta go do some stuff..

got the first seam welded up..

Ran out of wire so I just put a few tacks on it yesterday..

My camera lens is FUBAR and I don't know how to refinish it..but I installed the one side to see how it's going to fit..
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                  Maybe they're bottom hats?? I dunno lol, but I got 4 springs and 4 hats, you can see the one in the fourth pic, then another flipped upside down on top of that in the next pic.
                  I wonder if they're not meant to fit inside the spring "upside down" to help stabilize it from "walking around" in the strut tower...

Comment

Working...
                  X