Wheel bearing sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing sizes

I couldn't find anything on it, but when I checked RockAuto, I noticed that the front and rear bearings are the same sizes between Festiva and Aspire.

What's to stop someone from pressing in Aspire hubs and bolting on Aspire rear brake parts onto the stock Festiva stuff? (Caliper mount on the front, but maybe front or rear discs from a Golf would fit. What about the rears?)

the backing plate and the fact that the spindle mount spacing between studs are different (you'd have to modify the backing plate to accept the new mount pattern). other than that, i can't see what wouldn't work in the rear (fronts are totaly different knuckles).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I just noticed I couldn't find a brake rotor quickly that would work for the Festiva knuckles w/ the 4x100 pattern.

Doesn't make much difference anyway, just thought it would be a mild upgrade idea if someone were changing bearings anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X