Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Or just welding the stupid sleeve on.

Hahaha, yeah, I got ya. either way, keep us posted on your progress, I've been wanting a diesel festiva for a while, and always thought the VW engine would be a good candidate. the 1.6 turbo diesel is one of the most trouuble free car engines (obviously aside from the stock festiva engine) I've ever dealt with, the things run neglected for decades. I even know a guy with a non turbo diesel vanagon (same engine, drastically larger vehicle) who had over 260k miles on the clock and he had owned it for over 6 years and still wasn't sure where the engine was in the thing! In his defense, they do hide it pretty well, but still!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      Hahaha, yeah, I got ya. either way, keep us posted on your progress, I've been wanting a diesel festiva for a while, and always thought the VW engine would be a good candidate. the 1.6 turbo diesel is one of the most trouuble free car engines (obviously aside from the stock festiva engine) I've ever dealt with, the things run neglected for decades. I even know a guy with a non turbo diesel vanagon (same engine, drastically larger vehicle) who had over 260k miles on the clock and he had owned it for over 6 years and still wasn't sure where the engine was in the thing! In his defense, they do hide it pretty well, but still!

I find this is quite common, actually.

I almost want to get the oil pan and pickup from a vanagon block because they sit the engine almost on it's side in there. There's a certain Subaru project I'm iffy on that might benefit from the steep angled mounting.

Comment

A turbo diesel subie and a vanaru? Pretty awesome concept.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

In the future, I'll get a clean vanagon and put a TDi in it. Not in the cards any time soon tho.

Comment

I have a westy, it's just a stock 2.1 though, but it's one heck of a camping rig. If it had a tdi I'd use it a lot more.

Comment

I'm not really sure what I"ll do with one... besides drive it.

After my son is old enough to care for himself, I plan on taking off for awhile and either taking the bike around the country, or finally completing a trip to FL on foot.

Comment

Working...
              X