Tire question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire question.

Hey guys I got some 14x6 wheels I test fitted them and they "fit" but there's not much room for tires. What size should I go with I was wanting to do some 195/60/14's but iam thinking that might be too big.

And here's. Pic of how low it sits gonna need to raise it up an inch or two I think.

Attached shot is of Kia 6x14 rims with 155/65-14s (21.8 in diameter). 165/60-14s are same diameter and much more common. There are likely all kinds of wild tires out there but you won't want to exceed 23 inch diameter (such as 175/65-14), I would think. Once you get beyond 175 in width tire rubbing issues, clearance and rolling the fender lips will wind up on your agenda.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info. I have access to a nice fender roller so not worried about having to do some fender work. And the overall diameter of the 195's is 23.21 so it should be fun lol I know I'll have to get the aspire struts for the rear

Comment

If your patient and take your time you can widen the fenders an inch per corner by rolling them. The sheet metal on a festiva is easy to form.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^ thanks

Comment

Working...
          X