No announcement yet.

Will they fit? 15" Konig Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may need a small spacer, I put on a 7in wide +40 offest on my car and it required a 1/2 spacer if I can remember correctly.

But as for tires 185/45 or 195/45 is really the only I would run. I had 195/50s on my car and they looked huge, couldn't imagine 250/50s lol.

Pic in my sig are 195/50s
    Last edited by BUSTIVA; 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
      Further, the main issue for fuel economy junkies is unsprung weight - that is, weight not supported by the springs of the car. Supposedly, it is said that sprung weight has a multiplier effect of 4x when changing speed... meaning that reducing your wheel/tire/brake/etc weight by 10lbs would have the impact of 40lbs when zipping around town, which is considerable. It's also a popular reason not to opt for the Aspire swap, as many people feel the weight increase of larger rotors could harm economy.
      Very good explanation, all I would add is that you are actually talking about rotating mass, not unsprung weight in general (though at each corner the rotating mass is unsprung as well).
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Guys... You do realize that this is my 7th Festiva, (Not to mention the 3 aspires I had either) I've had stockers, I've had a B6T, I know the Festiva road pretty well... I just have never tried to cram a 15" rim on the Festiva. Also, I understand how sprung/unsprung works, I just can't imagine that a 20% difference is going to happen.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

I have 195/45/r14s on my festy with no rubbin no spacers all around yezzir
          Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
          Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
          AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

They will rub with the car stock, but with some fender massaging and spacers in the rear, they can be made to fit without rubbing. I have 15x7" rims on my car. Also, federal tires sells a 165/45/15. They can be purchased for around 60 dollars a tire. I just bought a set and they look like really good tires, but I haven't mounted them yet. I'm putting them on my 15x6 rims. With these tires you may be able to just bolt the wheels on and go, since they are very close to the stock outer diameter. This tire with a lightweight 15" rim will be lighter than the stock wheel/tire combo.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              They will rub with the car stock, but with some fender massaging and spacers in the rear, they can be made to fit without rubbing. I have 15x7" rims on my car. Also, federal tires sells a 165/45/15. They can be purchased for around 60 dollars a tire. I just bought a set and they look like really good tires, but I haven't mounted them yet. I'm putting them on my 15x6 rims. With these tires you may be able to just bolt the wheels on and go, since they are very close to the stock outer diameter. This tire with a lightweight 15" rim will be lighter than the stock wheel/tire combo.
              Where did you buy them?
              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

^^ X2, I may put the old 15s off of my brother's MX3 on FestEvil if I can find skinny 15s that cheap!
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Here are your tire choices from Tire Rack in a 175/55-15 size:

These will give you about the same diameter as the 175/70-13 or 185/60-14 or 195/50-15, but the 175mm width should be almost as forgiving as the 165 width.

The three regular weather tires' weights shown run from 15 to 16 pounds each, which aren't bad at all.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah, but the cheapest there is $76, which makes for a $64 difference on a set of four.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                    X