205/60/13 tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 205/60/13 tire

ok i have come to a point the i will use stock steel rime 13 or a 14 rim with thin tie will
    205/60/13 work on a 13 regluer rim

Stock 13" rims are usually 5 inch wide. 205 mm wide tire width is gonna be extreme even if a professional tire installer does offer to mount them. Plus these tires are considerably bigger diameter than will comfortably fit in a Festy wheel well.
    Think this stuff through carefully before you commit. Take a tape measure with you at the tire store. Diameters exceeding 23 inches are to be avoided if you think merely bolting wheels like that on is not going to change the world (your's).

Comment

What Bert said. That size is around the same height as a 175/70-13 but it will be a lot wider and probably present fitment problems.

Also, I'd want at least a 6" wide rim to run it, and 6.5 to 7" would be preferable.

I'm running Falken 175/60-13s now on Estrella 5.5" wide rims and loving them. You could also get some tires in 185/60-13 which I think would be quite nice and fit okay on 5.5" wide rims.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
        Stock 13" rims are usually 5 inch wide. 205 mm wide tire width is gonna be extreme even if a professional tire installer does offer to mount them. Plus these tires are considerably bigger diameter than will comfortably fit in a Festy wheel well.
        Think this stuff through carefully before you commit. Take a tape measure with you at the tire store. Diameters exceeding 23 inches are to be avoided if you think merely bolting wheels like that on is not going to change the world (your's).
        Good advice; plus, most 13" steelies I've seen are 4.5" wide.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yeah I agree with Karl, I would go 175/60, or 185/60 over the 205/60...unless you're going for that monster truck status.
          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

i had 205/60/13's on my 5.5" enkei's for almost a year with out issue and they looked fine... i have had 215/50/13's on the same wheels also without a problem
            I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

THis is just what i needed well look in to

Comment

Working...
              X