Festiva Thule Roof Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Thule Roof Rack

Little teaser photo. Just got it put on as it was getting dark. Couldn't snap any good pics.

The wood grain on the windscreen is really crappy. I tried to do it by myself and I bubbled the poop out of it and also didn't get it to go all the way to the edges on a few spots.

I'll post up some more tomorrow. Probably try to get my bike up on there too and see what that looks like!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Not sure how this ended up in here. Was pretty sure I was posting in Custom Interior/Exterior. Can a mod please move this? Thanks!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

What kind of stuff are you hauling on your rack? I was going to toss my Yakima on mine but I can get my bikes in the back.

Comment

Well mostly for looks I guess!

I'll haul my bike on it occasionally and I think it would be awesome to try to throw my canoe on there sometime!

Here are some more pics.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

adding those stuffs are a fashion here in the Philippines and many people here are into bikes too. The woodstuff is called here the windfairing. It would be better if it would be in black.
          Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
          Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
          (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

My girlfriend thinks the woodgrain is ugly! She thinks I should go back to the black too. I wanted something different and when I initially bought the vinyl wood grain it was to go on my AMC Eagle Woody!

I was also going to put the vinyl wood grain on the skid plate under the engine!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

This just reminds me of a terrible Festiva night driving to Wendover NV. I had one of the old ski racks that looks like your rack, only thicker. We were driving to NV, and for the life of me, I couldn't get the little car to go over 65mph... After 50 miles, I pulled over, undid the rack, and put it in the hatch. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
                This just reminds me of a terrible Festiva night driving to Wendover NV. I had one of the old ski racks that looks like your rack, only thicker. We were driving to NV, and for the life of me, I couldn't get the little car to go over 65mph... After 50 miles, I pulled over, undid the rack, and put it in the hatch. PROBLEM SOLVED.
                Wow! The wind resistance was that bad huh? I'll have to make note of that should I have any similar issues.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Oh yeah, I've got them on my Audi A4. My highway mileage dropped from 31-33mpg to 24-26mpg on a trip from Louisiana to KC. Drove up there with it on, drove back with it off. Night and day difference. I had the wind deflector on there. I haven't tried it without it though. I'm hoping for an improvement. I love the functionality of a roof rack and I think they look really good but not at that expense! City driving was around 15mpg!
                  1963 Ford F-100
                  1992 Ford Festiva
                  2006 Audi A4
                  2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Comment

Interesting. I knew it would drop mileage, but I'm not real worried as my last vehicle got 13 city and 21 highway...on a good day! The 30+ with a roof rack is still a huge improvement!
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Just performance was the biggest issue. That car would bottom out the speedo pretty easy, and I seriously couldn't get it over 60-65 with that rack on. It looked pretty rally though...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Yeah, I like the look. The darn bike rail is too long for the car though. Sticks out so far behind I can't open my hatch all the way!
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I have the Yakima setup on mine............Didn't notice a performance drop as I have the B6, but have noticed about a 3 mpg drop with the rack
                          Current
                          Retired

Comment

Thanks for posting the picture cause now that I see you mounted your bike rail on backwards that would totally enable me to up the back hatch. Good thinking!
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Oh and F'ing awesome Festiva man! Love that black with the tint and those wheels are nice. What are they and what is the size?
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X