Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spindle nut washer help?

did a search couldn't find a part number

I went looking for one on rock auto but it is not the correct one as it doesn't contain that little nub on the inside of the washer.

I went to ebay and it came up with:

Dorman/AutoGrade 618-020 Spindle Nut Washer

It looks like the correct one but I haven't been able to measure it. Should I take this as the correct one?
    Measurements are Notes:
    ID--16.2mm, Nib (Length X Width)--2.8mm X 2.8mm, OD--35.8mm, Thickness--2.4mm

Also, the price seems steep for 1 washer. Has anyone had luck finding one at a parts store?

Thanks

If you order an axle you may get the nut included. I found this for reference:

I presume that's what you are talking about.

Comment

I meant to specify that its the rear washer that goes behind the spindle nut.
      I only need the washer as my rear left one got chewed up. Its just a washer with a little stub on the inside

Comment

Hey, the nubie did a good job of it!
        Searched, posted what he could find, and even posted in the right section!
        Someone has bound to have an extra one somewhere.
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Location? I'm heading to the pick'n'pull tonight!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
          1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
          1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
          1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

That looks like the correct washer and since the listing says it fits a Festiva it should be covered by ebay buyer protection so if it doesn't fit then you get a full refund.
            8 dollars is including shipping, and not horribly overpriced for a specialty washer. If you need one cheaper, you may try a pull a part yard.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

O'reilly auto parts carries Dorman products.

Auto Zone is also good at cross referencing. It all depends on the individual behind the counter.

Take the Dorman part number in with you...the bay pic looks like the correct part. A local auto parts would be faster and charge you less than $5. (most likely)
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

If you have trouble locating one of these washers PM me. I have surplus Festy brake stuff kicking around still assembled and would imagine there would be a washer or two in that pile if I had to start digging.
                Older Festys use a stake nut on the rear spindle and 93s converted to a castle nut and cotter pin locking arrangement which I appreciate. If you can get your hands on a castle nut drilling a 1/8 inch hole through the 'ordinary steel' spindle for the cotter pin is no big deal with an electric drill.
                It may be that junked Rios or an Aspire could provide that or those parts for you.

Comment

Working...
                X