Glamour Bands!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glamour Bands!

Sometimes things end up looking even better than you pictured in your head... This is one of those times. I picked up the 13" rims from my friend off of his 1985 AE-86 Corolla. I couldn't find 13" hubcaps that didn't look lame, and i liked the look of a black rim, that is when I thought of trim rings (Glamour bands). I bought these on Ebay on Wednesday, and they arrived today. They were $45 with free shipping. I freaking LOVE the way they look!

Before:

After:

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Looks good!! Now you need to get rid of those stock lug studs & put on some real chrome lug nuts. Do a search theres a good how to .
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Not gonna lie, those look good, and when I saw the title I didn't think you were talking about trim rings, I was thinking the glam-rock of the 80's
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Looks good!

==================================================

Beamed to you from an insane asylum in orbit around Saturn via Tapatalk.
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

They sure look a lot better than my K mart hubcaps. Seriously, lookin' good.

Comment

they are so shiny. They look great, are they pretty secure? Now you just need some baby moon caps, or better yet, the stock ford caps should still fit.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I'm really impressed.
              Bare steel rims are hard to disguise, Alloys are often too upscale and I hate full hubcaps. The simple OEM Festy 'hub caps' were as practical and minimalist as it gets and yet an Aspire swap defeats that entire look because it can no longer be done.

Comment

My rims are off an AE-86 Corolla... the rims are VERY secure I'm loving the look. The Festiva ford cups don't stay on, with the corolla rims. glad you guys like them. They are one of the favorite things that I've done on this Festiva...

Comment

lol, I figured that the wheels were secure. Are the trim rings nice and secure on the rims?
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    lol, I figured that the wheels were secure. Are the trim rings nice and secure on the rims?
                    Yes. Yes they are. They are a tight fit, and don't stick out at all. I'm guessing I'd have to curb it pretty hard to get one to come out...

Comment

You might want to see if you can get center caps for the Corolla wheels and take the Toyo logos off or paint them over.

Looks real good now though.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                      X