Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about some springs i found on web.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about some springs i found on web.

I have a kia pride '99.
    Kyb excel-g shocks.
    185/60 R 13 tires.

Today i found some springs and i need help.
    The links for the springs:

and

Will these fit?
    Do you think i will have any problems installing these?
    Do i have to make any modifications?

Thank you i really appreciate your help.

Or if you have some suggetions about some other springs that i could install please inform me.
    Because local dealers cant find springs for ford festiva, kia pride, mazda 121.

My pride.

Last edited by ruste; 09-04-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Ruste, those are labeled for the 1994 to later models Kia Pride, so they should fit your 1999 Pride. Prides were made until the 2000 model year. I would think that they are a direct replacement for your stock springs, but you won't know for sure until you try them on.

I'd get the ones that lower your car the least, which appear to be the H & Rs.

Good luck and post more pictures of your car when you can.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'd probably go for the cobras myself, slam and jam it, maybe throw in a little sunbake. Get some 145/50's on a 6.5" rim, throw some Orange paint on one spoke of those nice 6 spoke rims... Go all out and grab some junspeed/Ernst gear.. those springs look like they should work although I haven't tried a spring with that small coil on one side, worst case you could chop it off with a grinder or something. Stock springs are just under 4"(3.9) wide and my aftermarket springs are just over 4"(4.25") so as long as its close it should work in the front, the rear springs you need to watch and make sure they're not too much wider than stock or the spring won't fit in the upper perch, I'd say anything less than 4" OD for the rear is a safe bet.

Kia Rio (whatever you would call that car..) springs fit, as does early usdm miata springs, but I don't know how much they would raise or lower your car. Do yourself a favor and check out your bump stops while your in there, if they don't need replaced now they will soon.
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 09-04-2012, 09:49 AM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Safety Guy i agree with you h&r seem the best.
          But i can't find the spring rates for these h&r..

zoom zoom thank you you helped me a lot.I will check my bump stops.

Now i got stock springs. I saw in a thread the the rates for the stock springs are 110 LBS/IN in front and 90 LBS/IN in the rear. What is the length of the stock springs?

if i install these in front:

and these in rear:

what is the wide of these springs? will they fit?
          the car will low more than 30mm??
          Are these springs stiff?
          Or i will still feel like i am in boat?

Comment

The last two links only show a generic page for ground control springs. It says they're available in any spring rate, and they post their number all over the page, so you might want to look/ask around at other peoples setups and figure out what spring rate you think would be best for you, and give them a call to see if they can get what you want.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

if i'm reading those part #s correctly, they are 8" long 250 lbs/inch and 2 or 1.75" ID

in other words: totally wrong for what you're trying to do. those springs are better suited for sprint cars and midget racers...
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

both 8" long 225lbs/in front and 175lbs/in rear

so it will be bad?
                i need some serious handling...
                right now when i drive i feel like i am on a boat with stock springs and Kyb excel-g shocks.

Comment

I am very confused i just need a good suspension system....

Here in greece cant find a good aftermarket springs for this car and noone knows what springs fit in this car, i can only find stock kia pride and from this forum i learned that i can install rio springs in front but i don't want stock.
                  So i have to find something from the web and order it with paypal.
                  Noone tuning kia pride, ford festiva, mazda 121. They tune only the expensive cars...
                  Last edited by ruste; 09-05-2012, 07:38 AM.

Comment

use the rio springs... they're beefier than the aspire springs which are an upgrade to festy/pride springs. cut to fit

then run the front festy/pride springs in the rear.
                    Last edited by FestYboy; 09-05-2012, 12:57 PM.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thank you Festyboy i will think about this.

Comment

Working...
                      X