proper wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper wheels

After waiting 5 months, my team dynamics wheels arrived from England today. Had them custom made to my specs for my slicks. I'm so stoked to try these.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

So pretty! drool

Bet those cost an arm and a kidney. :p
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

So Sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike View Post
        So pretty! drool

Bet those cost an arm and a kidney. :p
        Actually they weren't bad. Less than 200 a wheel ( shipped from England) and they are forged and less than 10 lbs a wheel. They make them to your specs but you can't be in a hurry for them. Britts only put in a couple good hours of work a day. :p
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

BONERIFFIC
          Ford Fester

Comment

Sweet rims bro.. you shoulda had them drill for 4x100 too just incase!
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

these are 4x100, Tweak has aspire front brakes now and I drilled the festiva drums out to 4x100. I don't think they will do dual patterns, or atleast I've never seen team dynamics wheels in dual pattern.

Comment

They are extremely awesome... :thumbleft: :thumbright:
                Godspeed...
                click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

Why do you have festiva brakes in the rear?
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Because the Aspire setup is quite a bit heavier than the festiva setup, and I am focused on removing all the un necessary weight from the rear of the car. This is to improve overall traction and high speed stability. Every ounce counts, I can feel the difference from a half gallon of gasoline in the tank! I've also lightened and balanced the festiva drums along with the racing press in studs. The stock drums have plenty of bite even with Toyo Proxes R888 tires being pushed till they blister. I can actually put my hand on the drums after a 25 minute track session, and that's even with some left foot braking and lots of trail braking. I can't even touch the front wheels because they are so hot. The glass and rear bumper are my next step to lighten the car, but I haven't had the time to address that yet. I'm even going to a side exit exhaust for the track (my exhaust has a vband clamp just in front of the bend that goes over the beam for this) to eliminate more rearward weight. This is also one of the big reasons why I have devoted so much time to using the KYB GR2 shocks in the rear, they are very light, even when compared to an aluminum body shock and valved pretty well for a lightweight festiva.
                    Keeping weight off the rear is very important on an FWD road racing car. any weight rearward of the front axle line is counterproductive (as long as there is enough weight to keep the car from tipping forward of coarse, lol). I am planning on using sport bike rear brakes on the rear eventually, with aluminum hubs and hollow 4130 stub axles and possibly a tubular trailing beam (the stock beam is designed quite well and very hard to improve upon). I don't even have a rear sway bar on my car for weight reasons. I control body roll with progressive bump stops. This is much more effective and lighter than a sway bar.
                    There, you have all my secrets. Lol. Spent a lot of years hiding speed tricks, now I just do this for fun, so I want everyone to be fast. It's more fun to drive with fast cars than to lap slow ones.

Comment

NICE!!
                      ***Micah***

"It's like a big lego to me"
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065537

Comment

SEXY! :thumbright:
                        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Charlie, what are your thoughts on making a trailing arm made from aluminum? Could potentially be more rigid and lighter then a stock festiva trailing arm

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            The glass and rear bumper are my next step to lighten the car, but I haven't had the time to address that yet.

I've been kicking around the same idea....after I get my engine swap completed, of coarse. I have a nice piece of 12" wide X 6' long aluminum channel that I used for a ramp loading my dirt bikes into my pickup. I was thinking of replacing the very heavy steel rear bumper with the aluminum channel and figure out a way to re-attach the bumper cover to it. Then I planned on buying a junkyard rear hatch lid and go to work with a sawzall and hole saw to lighten it as much as possible and install a plexiglass rear window. I think I could eliminate about 50-75Lbs with everything............the steel bumper alone is pretty heavy.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Also, a lot of dodge cars at the salvage yard have very nice extruded aluminium bumpers re bar. This could be utilized to retain safety and structural support that is provided by the bumper.

Chris, aluminum would be great, but it would have to be replaced quite often on a road coarse car. As aluminum flexes it tends to crack. Aluminum would work great on a drag car though. I plan to either use DOM mild steel or anealed 4130. But it really is difficult to make a beam that functions better than the stock one, while being lighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X