What do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think

I have an opportunity to pick up some 14x6 Core Racing wheels with decent 185/55r14 Kuhmo Ecsta tires....

What do you think? Funds are very tight (almost nonexistent) but the price is right

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up some 14x6 Core Racing wheels with decent 185/55r14 Kuhmo Ecsta tires....

What do you think? Funds are very tight (almost nonexistent) but the price is right

They look nice!

If it were me I would base it on ability of resale... if I know I can get my money back or even more reasonably quick then I would go for it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

They do look nice, i'd set the car down a little lower and paint the calipers and drums red, but as is they're still really nice looking rrims, I'm a sucker for 5 spokes though.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That's the car they are on currently. My Festie is lowered and the calipers and drums are already painted . I like the 14" because they will allow me to install the Tein coilovers on the front.

Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

If funds are tight, it may be best to let them go, but if you think you can slide it, and the deal is good, get them.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I'll bet it will be tight if you are lowered... that tire has a diameter of 22.01" 23" is about tops of a stock Festiva ride height from what I have found. If you are dropped more than an inch, you might be rubbing...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Those wheels look pretty sharp, but the tires seem too large.

Comment

I'm running 185/60r13's now with no rubbing issues so I'm not too concerned about it.

Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                  I'm running 185/60r13's now with no rubbing issues so I'm not too concerned about it.

Those are a full 1/4 inch smaller than these... I'm just saying from what I have found, 23" in the magic number on a stock festiva.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                  1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                  1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                  1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                  1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

What are the child labor laws like in Canada? Seems to me you have loads of untapped income potential! Lol.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      What are the child labor laws like in Canada? Seems to me you have loads of untapped income potential! Lol.
                      LOL very funny....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Made a deal for the wheels and the car! Hope to have it in my garage in the next few days. Photos to follow.

The car is an 89 auto with only about 200,000km on it (120,000 miles).

Last edited by fastivaca; 09-13-2012, 06:51 PM.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

i like um they look clean
                          ;
                          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                          '92 Festiva L M/T
                          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Congrats Ian! Is the new member of your family rust free enough to swap all your goodies onto it?
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Congrats Ian! Is the new member of your family rust free enough to swap all your goodies onto it?
                              I don't think so but will know better on Tuesday when I pick it up. Watch this space for more detail....

Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X