Tein Type-HAs discontinued...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tein Type-HAs discontinued...

The Type-HA Tein coil-overs, which feature adjustable ride height and dampening have been officially discontinued. This means they are no longer being produced by Tein. This means you can't get them anywhere, anymore. FMS sold 6 kits over the last year or so, and they were apparently the last in the world. Not to worry though, Roger at Festiva Motorsports still has a Tein kit available... they are the Type Wagon, and they have adjustable ride height but no dampening adjustability. They are also significantly cheaper then the HAs.

I was talking with Chris Rummel and Dustin from CWS last night over AOL and MSN... I think there is something that will work. I'm going to go to the shop I used to work at last year and look through their warehouse of coil-overs and see if VW Mk1 Rabbit Coil-overs are the match for the Festiva that they are claimed to be.
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

My mk1 rabit stock suspension looks differant but could be modded to fit easily

Comment

Re: Tein Type-HAs discontinued...

Originally posted by B6T
      The Type-HA Tein coil-overs, which feature adjustable ride height and dampening have been officially discontinued. This means they are no longer being produced by Tein. This means you can't get them anywhere, anymore. FMS sold 6 kits over the last year or so, and they were apparently the last in the world. Not to worry though, Roger at Festiva Motorsports still has a Tein kit available... they are the Type Wagon, and they have adjustable ride height but no dampening adjustability. They are also significantly cheaper then the HAs.

Hello, I posted this info on the last forum where have you been the last 4 months?

Comment

^ I know.

Originally posted by wtfman2
        My mk1 rabit stock suspension looks differant but could be modded to fit easily
        The rear Mk1 strut is way too short. I'm pretty sure the spring seat would be about level with the outer circumferece of the drum brake. Mk2/Mk3 is a better fit... I should have proof later on this weekend.
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

The rears are in, the fronts are 1/2 way in. I just had to figure out which upper strut mounts to use, and I did that about 20 minutes ago. Update with pictures coming soon...
            * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

how did it turn out?? I'm looking for alternatives other than Tiens.
              Has any one tried Proflex???
              Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

I found front upper strut mounts that fit better then the ones I found before. Back to the parts store! I should have pics once everything is here.
                * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Can't wait to see!!!
                  Jspec B6t, Starion Conquest intercooler, Greddy Type S bov. Go Fast Bits Mach 1 bov. Spec Stage 4 clutch. SDS engine management.

Comment

waiting on pics there freddy?

oh and do you think they will work in just a spring and shock combo? or does it have to be coilovers?

Comment

Dude he posted the pics already. Check the photo video section.

Clinton

Comment

I'm sorry I was wrong. it isn't in the photo and video section it is two posts under this one.

Clinton

Comment

Working...
                        X