Aspire Control Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Control Arms

So I called all the parts stores in town and the cheapest I could get ONE control arm for the aspire was about $240. I could probably get one machined for less...

Rockauto is around $90 + shipping to canada and duties which is still too much for a little c-arm. Anyone else know any other sources for a much cheaper version of an aspire control arm?

2 plus sway bar bushings for $68.33

Edit:

Didn't notice. Ships to US only. Contact the seller, maybe they'll ship to Canada.
    Last edited by JPT; 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I just bought one at autozone the other day for $58
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Just to make sure..

Are you putting it on an aspire or a festiva? The only reason I ask is to make sure you aren't trying to put it on an aspire swapped festy... They only go on festiva's if you are using Capri brakes
        -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          I just bought one at autozone the other day for $58
          From what I can tell, Autozone won't ship to Canada...

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
          Just to make sure..

Are you putting it on an aspire or a festiva? The only reason I ask is to make sure you aren't trying to put it on an aspire swapped festy... They only go on festiva's if you are using Capri brakes
          I am thinking of putting it on a Aspire swapped Festiva, but only because I want more positive camber. The suspension is jacked up a bit so it's sitting with a little too much negative camber right now.

Comment

The axles will pop out with aspire brakes
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^what he said. You'll need custom axles (or some other work-around).

Will camber bolts not give you enough adjustment?
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Afro View Post
                I am thinking of putting it on a Aspire swapped Festiva, but only because I want more positive camber. The suspension is jacked up a bit so it's sitting with a little too much negative camber right now.
                Sounds like it needs a heavier engine to me... talk to Damkid about a V6 swap

But seriously, the Aspire LCAs will pop the axles out. What engine/trans combo is that car running, I know you have several. Might be able to find some other axle combo that would work?
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                  The axles will pop out with aspire brakes
                  why not use aspire axles then? Makes sense if you are lengthening the wheel base to the aspire width.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I may be wrong but I think the actual track of the 2 cars is about the same. I thought the mounting points were closer together on the Aspire, and thats why the LCAs themselves were longer. But I could be wrong. I haven't actually measured an Aspire, but I think I remember that being discussed when someone was doing a Capri swap.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

It's running a BP with a G5M-R with kia pass and capri driver axles. There's enough room in the axles to go out a bit and not pop them from what I can tell...

I'll look into camber bolts. Auto Value doesn't carry them, so I guess I have to shop around. I wish I had the USA's parts stores!

Comment

Text sent...
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

And by wanting more positive camber I meant negative camber, ooops

Comment

lower the car and you'll gain the negative camber you're looking for.
                            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                            X