No announcement yet.

Slammed stiff suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^As many times as I've seen that build thread I only just noticed the "Fast" Ford logo.

Awesome.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Looks like he raised the rear towers.

Does anyone have more info on the mod he did to the front? I can't quite visualize what he's done.
      1993 Ford Festiva "Superleggera" 5-Speed

McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team

Comment

He just cut out the parts of the wheel wells that hit the tire and glassed and patched them over to clear the tires.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

Does anyone have more info on the mod he did to the front? I can't quite visualize what he's done.
          I cut the bottom spring perch loose from the strut body,rotated it 180* and moved it down.

........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
            ^As many times as I've seen that build thread I only just noticed the "Fast" Ford logo.

Awesome.
            Cant believe it took so long to be noticed, its been my avatar for some time now....
            ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Originally posted by jmye1524 View Post
              I cut the bottom spring perch loose from the strut body,rotated it 180* and moved it down.

OH, you moved the spring perch! I see it now.

Edit:
              I saw you went this route for hood clearance. Well that's not an issue for me :twisted:
              Last edited by Panici; 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM.
              1993 Ford Festiva "Superleggera" 5-Speed

McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team

Comment

I've lowered my car very low, and while the ride is much stiffer than stock, I don't think it would cope with an extra 1200lbs lol. Try to put the smallest diameter wheel/tire combo that you can. THis will lower the car without needing extensive suspension lowering.
                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Yes, and give me the wheels that are on it.
                  In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                  There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

ahem.... my car took 1200 extra lbs easy.... with just one mod.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                      Aspire swap?
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

nope...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

???

Comment

see thread from trip to Canada...

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
                                But was it 1-2 inches off the ground BEFORE loading it?

I just thought of something. What if you used the rubber cylinders and springs? The rubber would then just be industrial strength bump stops to keep from going lower than say 1" off the ground. Then you could use more sanely stiff springs and keep it 2" high with them. Put on the 1200 and it just sinks 1" till it rests on the rubber. Presto.
                                Last edited by sketchman; 10-09-2012, 06:23 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                                X