Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Suspension/Coilover Kits available for the Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Suspension/Coilover Kits available for the Festiva?

hi guys,

I have looked over a lot of the supplier websites for Coilover kits as i plan to add these later on, but for now, i'm curious to know what Coilover kits have be added to your cars..

Also, if you've used a different kit "officially" not suited for the Festiva, but they fit, please let me know what kit you've used as i'm trying to find a set of Tein's Coilovers that will effectively bolt-on.

Also, i have heard about HSD kits that look quite good with Ride Height, Camber and Damper Adjust all in the one setup (which is possibly what i'm after as it does everything neatly in an "all-in-one" package.)... If anyone has used these, please give me some feedback.

the website for the HSD kits are: http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Here's a few

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Look up mk2 raceland coilovers 369 + shipping and rokkor is cheaper 334 +

Or u can do DIY coilover kit There's a few wright up on here to

Comment

thanks heaps for that.. i'm also interested in TEIN's with EDFC but i don't know what type from what car would fit and if they'd need any modifications at all as i have heard there are some varieties that will fit with possibly a small amount of modification but everywhere i've asked, i never seem to get a straight answer or even a model number. A model number would be excellent as i have seen here on cardomain.com from here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977/1993-ford-festiva a picture of the tein's that are supposed to fit but the picture doesn't show the model number but it shows that there is a model sticker on them (little silver square featured on coilovers).. if i could see that, i'd be a happy man as everyone seems to be quite secretive about what model they are.
      Last edited by jawbraeka; 10-21-2012, 04:53 AM.

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Here is my write up on modifying the mk2/mk3 front coilover struts and stock fitment kyb rear shocks. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...uspension-Mods
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Going to do a coil over mod on my little beast.

Well it seems that KYB only shows rear struts for the Festiva now.

I wonder it there was any difference in Aspire and Festiva. Especially in dampening.

And I am in the process of getting 2003 Rio brakes up front and was going to use the KYB Rio struts front as well BUT now I see 2001 and 2003 are different.

Man so many decisions.
          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rbrown View Post
            Going to do a coil over mod on my little beast.

Well it seems that KYB only shows rear struts for the Festiva now.

I wonder it there was any difference in Aspire and Festiva. Especially in dampening.

And I am in the process of getting 2003 Rio brakes up front and was going to use the KYB Rio struts front as well BUT now I see 2001 and 2003 are different.

Man so many decisions.
            KYBs are identical between the Aspire and Festiva.
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

there are the KYB AGX series that allow for tightening of the shockers (which would be nice) and using lowered springs would mean seriously a cup full of awesome.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by 3Dw View Post
                Here's a few

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Look up mk2 raceland coilovers 369 + shipping and rokkor is cheaper 334 +

Or u can do DIY coilover kit There's a few wright up on here to
                This is what i'm after, and are these edfc compatible also? as this would be quite ideal for what i'm looking for...

BTW these are as cheap as too .. so just ask me "am i impressed?" You bet.

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I had a Z32 with EDFC and it's a waste of money IMO. I played with it for a week to get the setting I liked and never touched it again.

Comment

so the teins have adjustable damping? how much? will they ship to usa?

Comment

Re: Alternative Suspension/Coilover Kits available for the Festiva?

Yes, and which model number?
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

which kit would be best for are cars? i have an aspire swap but i dont think that matters. So it looks like it would be 1037 dollars? has anyone bought from them?
                        Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Oh, the edfc has been upgraded now to asystem called edfc active, which in realtime, will adjust with a GPS module addon, so there's no need to manually change it and also there are 64 positions of adjustment rahth than the old 32 positions. No word on price yet, just have to keep your eyes and ears open.

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

I've just installed some Tein's on my car. Go to this thread for the part numbers.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada
                            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Just got an update.... http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/edfc_active.html

All prices in japanese yen.

The edfc compatible model is kind of a guessing game as there isnt a specific model for festiva or aspire...

The demio models I'm not even 100% about and there are a basic compact model that will fit theoretically (following the family line of cars).

Edfc compatibility seems to go for higher end tein setups, unless there's something I've overlooked.

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
                              X