Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative Suspension/Coilover Kits available for the Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got an update.... http://www.tein.co.jp/e/products/edfc_active.html

All prices in japanese yen.

The edfc compatible model is kind of a guessing game as there isnt a specific model for festiva or aspire...

The demio models I'm not even 100% about and there are a basic compact model that will fit theoretically (following the family line of cars).

Edfc compatibility seems to go for higher end tein setups, unless there's something I've overlooked.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Sorry about double post.

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

The kit thats for the DW3W is bolt on you have to find out if the suspension changed after 2002 I'm sure it has.. The Basic kit is GSM06-H1SS2 (DISCONTINUED)

Have been thinking about making a custom set with Koni Sport inserts (lifetime warranty).
        Last edited by EVOGUN; 01-08-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

there is a place that sells that kit from http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-basi...m06-h1ss2.html

try there.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
            there is a place that sells that kit from http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-basi...m06-h1ss2.html

try there.
            Do the coilovers found in the link above require any modifications to fit?
            Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
            Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
            Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
            WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Re: Alternative Suspension/Coilover Kits available for the Festiva?

That's a strange setup. I'm sure you'd have to cut parts of it off...
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

it honestly depends what your looking for if you just want it low or if you want handling regardless it'll get better but how low do you want to go? racelands and rokkors will drop you 4" and as far as the post i saw about the s13 coils you know how heavy an s13 is compared to a festy the suspension wont drop nearly as much as it would on the correct car. which is why a mk2 setup would be the more proper of the setups dues to the weight similarity. you have to consider that. even when i put a cup kit on my golf it was suppose to drop 60/40 but was made for the weight of a vr6 in the front and my golf was a 2.0 and when i measured it was more of a 55/40..... so all in all if your going to look for another setup to mod and put on your car look for lighter weight cars because an s13 on coilovers rides bouncy and stiff enought as is so i could just seee your little festy rattling to pieces

Comment

Working...
                X