rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Originally posted by 91fordfestiva View Post
      can i put 16 wheels on a festiva?
      Your outer tire diameter limit is 21" for OEM capability. If you can get a wheel and tire combo that is no larger than 21" and no wider than 6", (basically, Mini Cooper 16" wheels fit if you do the Aspire swap) you can put 16's under the fenders.

So with a 16x6" wheel, you'll need 165/40R16 tires.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
          Your outer tire diameter limit is 21" for OEM capability. If you can get a wheel and tire combo that is no larger than 21" and no wider than 6", (basically, Mini Cooper 16" wheels fit if you do the Aspire swap) you can put 16's under the fenders.

So with a 16x6" wheel, you'll need 165/40R16 tires.
          No kidding? What kind of spacers would those need?
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
            No kidding? What kind of spacers would those need?
            I'm running standard KIA Rio 14 inch rims that are 6 inches wide. Direct fit. Granted if the tires (these ones are 155/65) were wider than 175 they would probably interfere with the wheel wells.
            Attached Files

Comment

15's is huge on a Festiva.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                I'm running standard KIA Rio 14 inch rims that are 6 inches wide. Direct fit. Granted if the tires (these ones are 155/65) were wider than 175 they would probably interfere with the wheel wells.
                What is the offset on the Kia wheels?

Sent from somewhere west of here!
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
                  i think it only takes 4.
                  just kidding but this one can
                  I hope this car isn't on stock brakes.
                  I could have used wheels like that when I buried Tweak in the sand last thursday. lol.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I wonder what those Donkadunks weigh? My goal is to find the lightest tire/wheel combo I can reasonably afford and mount that increases handling performance and enhances the rest of the car's capabilities.

Some people just want "bling." Not that there's anything wrong with that, at least until you think your setup is dope and you find that:

...you can't stop too well in an emergency...
                    ...your car tips over on a sharp turn...
                    ...you begin wondering why your Festiva's fuel economy dropped 5 mpg...
                    ...you hit a curb and those thin rubber strap tires can't cushion anything, destroying your $1000 rim, or...

...my favorite!...

...you return to your Festiva to find someone has torched off your suspension parts just behind all four of you wheels because they will fit 80% of all other cars on the road much better than yours!

Unlike the stock 12s, junkyard sourced 13s, or bought-used 14s and 15s.

Oh, and maybe the interior was broken into as well, with your equally "blingy" $1500 stereo system being fenced somewhere in the next county with your wheels.

Something to think about:

A car that is joked about by the rest of the population, including car thieves, who don't look at it twice.

(However, if gas ever gets to be over $5 per gallon and stays there, along with a tanking economy, these metrics will certainly change!)

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

You know, just thinking about this, those Donkadunks also give pretty good access to the underside, allowing a nice easy swipe of your catalytic converter.

Thieves may not know yours is aftermarket and only cost $80 new. It's there for the cutting, without use of jacks, etc.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                        What is the offset on the Kia wheels?

Sent from somewhere west of here!
                        Don't know but backset is around 4 3/4 in. Lightweight alloy rims were free from an 01 Rio wagon that was headed for the scrap yard and I found clearance-bin new all-weather Finnish Hakapellita tires (supposedly for a Peugeot) to go with them. Total investment $300 for wheels and tires that thoroughly beat the pants performance-wise off any Motomaster Supremes (this is a Cdn joke) I've ever been forced to buy. For double the price I could have had 165/60-14s in another more common upscale tire brand. Problem with 12s these days is 'wheelbarrow or trailer' tires are all that is available in Canada and they are never round nor last very long.

Comment

Working...
                        X